New here.

hello!

If you could talk a bit about what level of video editing you are currently at, I'm sure people here would be glad to help you!

Welcome! Editing is one of those things were you pick a program you are interested in, and just get to work. You wont be perfect, but you can slowly and delicately challenge yourself with practice... Doing things like minor cutting, audio additions, layering clips, crossfades... The list is endless. You just have to start by picking a program and going for it.

There are a couple of programs available.... But I looooooove Davinci Resolve because it's free and getting better with every iteration. Don't listen to the Adobe lovers, it's plenty capable of most editing tasks.

While trying to find footage to edit.... I actually discovered a website run by the great @sonnyboo (or at least a copy cat). https://cinestudy.org/category/interactive-project/

You can download footage and edit it all for free as far as I can tell. Pretty cool of him to offer that.
You can also find footage at a site called Pexels.

Hope that helps!

There are a couple of programs available.... But I looooooove Davinci Resolve because it's free and getting better with every iteration. Don't listen to the Adobe lovers, it's plenty capable of most editing tasks.

I'm going to second this. If you have a 3d accelerator card especially. I don't think Davinchi is as good as adobe's tools, I think it's better. Their interface works flawlessly once you understand it, and it's faster than almost anything else if configured correctly.

Back