• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

new and free!!!!

I wish I had some money to pledge to your project, but I'll share it to my friends (none of them are much better off than myself though).

One thing I can say, I've seen a lot more successfully Kickstarter campaigns that use their video as an opportunity to directly talk to the audience. Sit the director and some of the main cast/crew down to talk about the project. Like why you are making it? Maybe a little bit about yourself as filmmakers? etc.

Projects like those go over very well. That is what I think you might be missing... the personal side of it.

the Kickstarter learning process

Thanks CJInzana for the comment.

The original Kickstarter did have a 1:40 trailer (dropped that down to 30 seconds) with a 1:40 of cast and myself talking about the movie and an additional 1:30 of what the pledge gifts were or looked like. I listened to comments from those here on IndieTalk and on other threads -- telling me what we should do to have a better approach in seeking funds for making DEATH WALKS BEHIND YOU.

I really do not know all (or any) answers. I just keep plugging along -- trying to do my best and hopefully, finally have some success. I shot a couple of features with mixed results, some people really liked them and some people don't, (I tried to push the envelope with 'story' and 'delivery').

I come from a musical and fine-art background & perspective -- but have always "just wanted to make movies"... learn from doing while seeking a different edge, a different perspective. So. With putting a kickstarter proposal together (its about learning) There will be multiple attempts.

Life is a journey and NOT a destination.

Back