Need to get big files

Hey . I have a huge problem .

I've been shooting a documentary near mountains when I saw that my SD card is full . I didn't had lap top or anything with me so I decided to get a lap top from a friend of mine and just transfer all the footage there .

Of course I forgot to transfer it back to my lap top and now all the footage is on his lap top . The problem is that my friend is from Denmark and he is now in Denmark .

How can I get the footage ? It's 14 GB of footage .

Thanks .

It's really important .

most solutions you will have to pay for
my dp has given me files via his google drive account

if your tech savvy you can make a torrent of the files or find a direct ftp program.

Either a flash drive like Zensteve said, or you could use dropbox. You will only be able to transfer around 2 gig at a time. First He puts about 2 gig of files in the box, shares them with you. You download and remove from box. When he sees it is empty (or you email him) he puts in another 2 gig of files and repeat until done. It will probably take a few days, but it would be free.

Otherwise, he could set up his computer as a server and give you access. If he is on a windows machine, it is fairly easy to set up filezilla. Then you just download the client (works on mac or pc) and then set your end up and transfer files. It is free.
Other FTP client server options include cute ftp or CC File Transfer.

You can also transfer files via google drive, much like drop box you will have to transfer a few at a time.

Back