• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Need some votes

Today I dropped from 4th place to 7th in 2 hours because there are a bunch of accounts, some called "SonnybooF" etc.

Dammit seriously? You're in the top ten? Great... Hang in there.

Yeah, [signing up] seems to be the big inhibitor of getting votes....

If they didn't have a signing up process the voting would be even more rigged. People could just use bots.

I just signed up as CuckslapBuddha and gave you five stars. I appreciate the advice you give out here...

Because of the registration, not many people are actually voting for ANY movie. Combined with the way they are weighting votes - If you have fewer views, each vote is worth more than movies with a ton of views, but fewer votes.

Only a few more days to vote. Please take the time to log in and vote. It's a chance to win $500,000 to make the feature. The only downside I can see to winning is having to potentially meet or shake hands with Scott Caan. So if you don't like me or my movie, still vote and force me to have to be nice to Scott Caan. That would be my own personal hell.

So where did you come?

I won't find out until Feb 8th some time.

Fingers crossed, but I'm not hopeful. Some of the movies in the contest were truly amazing. There were more than 10 really fantastic films that could easily beat me out of the top 10 slots. All in all, it was really fun though.

I got an email that they're rolling out the top 10 finalists. Have you heard anything yet?

really enjoyed the short, wish I could have helped with the votes....goodluck anxious to see how you did.....also can we see the other videos that submitted?

watched the behind the scenes videos, enjoyed those as well. good stuff

Last edited:
Yeah, on www.openfilm.com click on GET IT MADE COMPETITION. There are at least 15-20 really really good movies in the competition. I may not make the top ten at all. PATRICK BOVEIN from Canada who did the IRON BABY spoof of IRON MAN trailers has a film in there, and already made the top 10 today. That means most everyone else has little to no chance of winning. He's truly amazing. His movies are well made, flashy, and have a lot of class.

Eh, it's okay. There were plenty of good films in the top ten, so it's not so bad to lose to some great filmmakers.

Robert Duvall and James Caan watched my movie. That is kick ass.

Looks like I voted too late- oh well, the film was enjoyable, and it seems like a really great site for future film projects!

Cool you got some big names to watch it-excellent! :D

Yup. The contest was a sham. We were all fuped into PAYING for the opportunity to promote their site and the winner they picked before hand.

I just cannot imagine Robert Duvall, James Caan, and Mark Rydell the director of ON GOLDEN POND all voting for a zombie clown movie. I'm sorry, but the odds of that happening are slim to none.

Online contests are for suckers. Don't ever ever pay to enter an online contest. It's all fake.

Back