• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Need a script?

Just thought I would offer this to any struggling screenwriters out there...

I have over 500 mainstream scripts on my hard drive... 99% of them are PDF files.

If you're trying to become a screenwriter, I strongly suggest reading at least one GOOD screenplay a week... After reading 20 plus scripts, you will definitely get a feel for pacing and structure.

I got all my screenplay files from downloading off of numerous sites... But I would be happy to send you a screenplay as an attachment via email... Unless of course I get bombarded with requests... But I doubt that will happen...

filmy

Froggdirect said:
Why settle for just the GOOD scripts? Why not read the GREAT ones instead? :D After all, a great script is much much better. ;) J/K

Kenn

PS Don't get me wrong, though. What Film Jumper is doing is great! And it is something screenwriters should do to get the feel of the screenwriting format and to analyze why that particular movie worked. Just make sure that, when you go to write, you find your own unique style. That counts for a lot. :yes:

LOL. Of course GREAT is a subjective word... What some people consider a great screenplay, others won't. For instance, WITNESS is considered a GREAT screenplay. So is NORTH BY NORTHWEST. But I have yet to meet a screenwriter that's read either of them...

But to clarify my original post...

The phrase, "good script" was definitely meant to include great scripts as well...

filmy

Well at least you're writing... I've accomplished one fully written piece.. piece of garbage that is. I dunno it's a short, 15 pages, I guess it's ok, but boring to me. If anyone is interested in it I suppose I can pass it around, it would be interesting to see what others think of it. Would also be interesting to see someone produce it ;) even though I think it's garbage. hehe

Wow!

Wow...that's a lot of script. I barely have a handful of some of my favorite movies. You wouldn't happen to have a list of what you have...hehe. Could I have WITNESS and NORTH BY NORTHWEST? I definitely never read them but now that you mentioned them I would like to.

Zensteve's a man of many talents. I'm anxiously waiting the next release. I also have to agree with Will Vincent, simply writing is very important. It's the only way anyone can improve.

And Will Vincent, I'd like to read your script. At the very least I can give you some feedback. I'd feel bad if you had to type it just for that though...

DirectorX:

Well I should probably re-type it anyway, even though I will probably never do anything with it, it'd be good to have a copy filed away on disk somewhere.. I'll get that done today and put a link up or something.

Basically it's about a girl, well two girls who are envious of each other. One has always gotten lucky breaks, and the other has worked had for what she has. As the old addage goes, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Anyway, that is essentially the underlying story. I haven't even looked at it in a year or two. I'll get it online today, and see what y'all think of it.

Bounced back...

asher_bella said:
thats a great idea filmjumper! id like to see some sample scripts. my email is tm_4402[at]hotmail.com
u could send me 2 or 3 to start off with. thanks

asher_bella,

The email with the two scripts bounced back to me... Hotmail addresses will do that.

Boz,

CYPM?

filmy

Back