Name some more LIMITED CAST and LIMITED LOCATIONS' FILMS

Helo friends
I am in a spree of watching films made in single or limited locations with just 2-3 (or less than 10) characters....
I watched 12 angry men , ROPE , Rear Window etc socalled Classics
and then cult favorites like RESERVOIR DOGS too
Recently I watched DEATH and MAIDEN , HARD CANDY , EASY WAY , INTERVIEW etc too
and there is one independent film named SYMPATHY made in one motel room with just 3 actors, I would not say its a great film but its sure well made too ...and a similar production venture TAPE (motel room 3 actors ) but in different genre...
I want to know , is there anything else I am missing..
I heard there are Korean/Jap movies like Audition but such gory films are not palatable for my taste..

If there are any other , films in the above production logistics and thriller/ romantic drama genres please name here..
Even if comedies like DINNER PARTY etc are okay, but no slapsticks and oldie rom-coms like barefoot in park , breakfast at tiffany...though they have same logistics they somehow appear like plays only/

Wait Until Dark
Cube
Rear Window
The Breakfast Club
Glengarry Glen Ross
Dial M for Murder
Living in Oblivion
Dark Crimes
The Offense
Deathtrap
Sleuth
Lift to the Scaffold
10 (Iranian movie set in a car)
The Petrified Forest
Key Largo
In a Lonely Place
Fail-Safe
Murder on the Orient Express

thanks directorik...
except 3 of those u named i saw the rest ( if i named rope ho wwud i miss dial m and same with sydney lumet)
key largo n petrified forest....look like old extended plays ...
i dint see see 10, lift to the scaffold and dark crimes
the first 2 seem to have many ppl in cast, according to imdb and i m nt getting much info about dark crimes...
please suggest some less known films , than those of directors like hitchcock or lumet...i dint name all those films in my list bcos i thought it will be a bore to read so much..
thanks once again for the reply, but i expect some less known foreign films or independent films...

When you start talking about "limited location" and "small cast" and "independent films" you start taking about shooting in the woods or abandoned industrial sites, your house, your friends house, and on the street or local school/university.

That's like the movie, CLOSETLAND with Alan Rickman and Madeleine Stowe. 2 people, 1 room.

Doing a variation of the "Last man on Earth" movie with a guy inside a fallout shelter who lets in a girl who comes to his door. The set is constructed inside a 12 X 25 concrete walled storage unit with false walls at both ends. The walls have removeable panels to be able to position the camera flush with the wall, and there is 3 feet of space above the walls to allow the camera to be placed there for downward perspective shots.

Helo friends
I am in a spree of watching films made in single or limited locations with just 2-3 (or less than 10) characters....
and there is one independent film named SYMPATHY made in one motel room with just 3 actors, I would not say its a great film but its sure well made too ...and a similar production venture TAPE (motel room 3 actors ) but in different genre...
I heard there are Korean/Jap movies like Audition but such gory films are not palatable for my taste..

If there are any other , films in the above production logistics and thriller/ romantic drama genres please name here..
Even if comedies like DINNER PARTY etc are okay, but no slapsticks and oldie rom-coms like barefoot in park , breakfast at tiffany...though they have same logistics they somehow appear like plays only/

Glengarry Glenross

I'm not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but Clerks is one of my all time favourites, and seems to fall into the "Limited cast and Location" category.

Unless one plans to steal the story from some other film, I think it's more important to come up with the right UNIQUE situation yourself that would necessitate people being stuck in one location.

What's been done may be interesting, but it's not going to give you the key idea to your own project. That's going to have to come from real life and imagination.

Feast
Alien (sort of)
Clerks (sort of)

Wow! this is difficult!
Lifeboat
Dog Day Afternoon
Parnormal Activity
Open Water
Panic Room
Glengarry Glen Ross
Shallow Grave
Evil Dead
Bound
Sin City (green Screen) lol , technically true though

This is all I can think of

Last edited:
Helo friends

For me the movie become more interesting if all these limited characters are restricted at only one location... i am crazy about such movies !!
For this same forum came to know about some movies with limited characters and limited locations like unknown, die hard etc. check the link below

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=20100

you will find some good names. More over Texas chain saw messacar (i love the 2003 and 06 version) are also with limited characters (and even the locations are not too many but quite a few).. SAW 1,

Doing a variation of the "Last man on Earth" movie with a guy inside a fallout shelter who lets in a girl who comes to his door. The set is constructed inside a 12 X 25 concrete walled storage unit with false walls at both ends. The walls have removeable panels to be able to position the camera flush with the wall, and there is 3 feet of space above the walls to allow the camera to be placed there for downward perspective shots.

I am sure it will be a great movie by you. Hope to see it soon. Willing to see that how you restrict the whole movie. Specially keeping in mind that "I am legend" (the recent one) resembles to "Last man on earth"

Back