• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Name Dropping & Name Droppers

I've updated my profile with my real name and links to some professional things I've been part of.
You can still call me Rok if you wish, but if you really want my attention feel free to call me Thomas.

- Thomas

Wow, I just soiled myself a little -- you're associated with one of my favorite franchises of all time... Dr. Who! Awesome. I'm still going to give you a hard time though ;)

Wow, I just soiled myself a little -- you're associated with one of my favorite franchises of all time... Dr. Who! Awesome. I'm still going to give you a hard time though ;)

Yeah, but the TV movie ;-)

Seriously though, very impressive body of work!

Always nice to hear about someone making a living at this game. Good on you! :)

Here's hoping some of that success rubs off on the rest of us ;)

All this talk about how people represent themselves and whether it's legit ... got me thinking. I wanted to come out and share my real name, and some of the experience I've have in the industry.

I worked for Phil Tippett for 13 years. He taught us 'kids' a lot about professionalism and the craft of filmmaking, and when it came to dummies like me he had to bash some professionalism into us ;) Although VFX involved me from devel to release, I felt that I had some unfinished business in terms of my own ambitions.

I know a lot about some stuff, and nothing about most stuff. I'm happy to be here, share what I know, but mostly learn all that I can.

Thomas

For those who don't know, Phil Tippet is (was) the foremost expert on stop motion and created "Go Motion" a form of stop motion that allowed for motion blur, something sorely missing in that craft. He did the animated chess board in STAR WARS A NEW HOPE and designed most of Jabba's Palace creatures in Retun of the Jedi. He was set to do that for Jurassic Park in 1993 but then CGI took over. In 1997, Phil Tippet Studios converted over to CGi for Starship Troopers and made a real name for himself for CGI and character design.

Back