• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

My reaction to so-called "Social Media Stars"

Description:

Who doesn't know it...?
You create a video with a lot of effort, get little to no recognition, and hear news again from a so-called "star" that he gets $ 200,000 for only one Instagram photo.
While you have to slave away at work in parallel to your time-consuming hobby.
It makes your heart swell.
(The whole thing is to be considered with a wink!). 😉

I hope you like it!

Info on the creation:
Camera:
Lumix GH5
Other equipment: Greenscreen, tripod
Software: After Effects, Premiere Pro, Cinema 4D, Photoshop

Length:
40 seconds

Stream:

Upvote 4

Description:

Who doesn't know it...?
You create a video with a lot of effort, get little to no recognition, and hear news again from a so-called "star" that he gets $ 200,000 for only one Instagram photo.

I hope you like it!

Info on the creation:
Camera:
Lumix GH5

Length:
40 seconds

Stream:
Great video, I feel you, bro! XD - We are living in a dystopia, technology is not at the same level as human consciousness. The gig economy and the $0.00001per view or download are killing us. They want to impose a new term for Artist and change it for CONTENT CREATORS! You summarize the feeling inside in 40secs, ;) well done.

If your viewers appreciate your content then you can start a patreon.

happy comedy central GIF by CraveTV

Description:

Who doesn't know it...?

I hope you like it!

Info on the creation:
Camera:
Lumix GH5

Length:
40 seconds

Stream:
That was great! Don't spend it all in one place.:clap:

I keep writing long, detailed replies to this, and having to erase them. I want to reply, and explain to you why this is happening, but the explanation is so negative, so hopeless, so pointless and stupid, that it would just make you more angry and frustrated than when you didn't know. It would also be a pretty insulting answer to a lot of people, who still think that the world is basically functioning as it should. I'll list 2 people here, one won the Nobel prize for physics, and one smoked so much crack that he thought he invented the pillow in 2012. Mike Lindell, and Roger Penrose. Which one of those names have you heard before? Which one do you think has more video views? Which one do you think throws symposiums that people pay to attend to learn about technology? Which one do you think was invited to the white house? Which one has the power to hire or fire you? Was it the genius that worked hard his entire life and produced proof of his results, or was it the mentally crippled guy who said something every person could relate to "I like soft pillows"? You are getting demonetized for being smarter than the crowd.

Last edited:
the difference is that those social media stars have peaked -- they will never make a blockbuster film in theatres all across the country.

But everyone here will do that one day, yeah, any day now :)

I'll tell ya what has me ready to throw in the towel; no more DVDs or Blu-rays. It is predicted that very soon it will be streaming or nothing, and guess what? there doesn't seem to be any money to be made in streaming Indie micro-budget movies. It use to be that a guy or gal could hope to at least make his or her meager budget back in advanced sales if he or she produced a decent movie, but the word on the street now is that it just isn't happening any longer. The general advice I keep getting from people is to do it because you love it. If you make any money, consider it a bonus.

I'll tell ya what has me ready to throw in the towel; no more DVDs or Blu-rays. It is predicted that very soon it will be streaming or nothing, and guess what? there doesn't seem to be any money to be made in streaming Indie micro-budget movies. It use to be that a guy or gal could hope to at least make his or her meager budget back in advanced sales if he or she produced a decent movie, but the word on the street now is that it just isn't happening any longer. The general advice I keep getting from people is to do it because you love it. If you make any money, consider it a bonus.
Pure saturation of indie "films" is why this is the way it is. Most of them suck, and don't warrant money spent watching. It may have been easier back in the day to sell a film on your own or with a little assistance... But now that streaming services make their own stuff, kiss that goodbye. A penny per view is even what Youtuber's with thousands of followers make these days.

Saturation, lack of decent mechanics, and unwillingness to watch films that don't have good reviews with the masses... It's the future. At this point, yes, go back to making them because you love it, not because you want food on the table. You can have both, but you better be good enough to get recognized with a cult following in order to make that payday.

Otherwise, freelance work and commercials is where the money is as low budget. Not Hollywood, Amazon, or Netflix.

Back