• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My movie idea. Do you have any tip?

Hello community,

I find my series project too difficult. So, I decided to write a movie. And yah! I’ve already three topics (more or less): horror + Greek gods/ mythology + modern time. Don’t worry! It isn’t going to be something like Percy Jackson. My project shall be much darker and more mind-fuck. (Sure, this book is just a little “snack”. But hey!) Do you have any tip to mix these topics? How do you find it? Let's discuss.

Everyone tels you that you have to start writing. I did not do start like this. I collected Idea's in a dummy.... Idea's for performances and art pieces, installation's and soundscapes. I collected al of them in a dummy... I did this (and still continue to do this) for a year. I dropt Ideas and made better ones.... no story just Ideas. Then from all those Ideas I made a narrative and made the first draft. The first draft was not good... but there where parts that where good. So I kept the parts that where good. and made a second draft. In the mean time I pitch't 3 scenes of my script to test If I could make this movie.

This is the the product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKPpn0d96WQ

I'm still working on my script. As it is now i'm in the version 6. Perhaps you should collect Idea's for a while.... buy a dummy and every-time when you have a Idea, write it down. Make a drawing or notes on inspiring music. Collect the music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxr-7O1Bfxg

Does dummy mean journal? Something is lost in translation there lol!

Attachments

• you_big_dummy.png
    you_big_dummy.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 122
Hahaha, dummy is a word we use in The Netherlands. Notebook or jurnal would be the best translation indeed.

As for creativity: watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMpdPrm6Ul4

It doesn't tell you have to write, but it might help getting a grasp on your creativity.

BTW, Greek mythology is a rich source.
One of my dorment projects and one vague idea do come from that source and are placed in the 21th century. :)

This is the story of a time long ago – a time of myth and legend. When the ancient gods were petty and cruel, and they plagued mankind with suffering, only one man dared to challenge their power – Hercules. Hahahah kevin sorbo I remember watching that series when it was on tv.

Greek god stuff still works imo. Hell the MCU has thor and odin so ancient gods in modern times is nothing peculiar

@sfoster Maybe a mix between horror and thriller. And as mind-fucking as a cure for wellness or matrix. By the Matrix some fans have the fan theory that the merowinger, architect and co – so, the guys, who control the matrix – are the Greek gods. Because of the many symbols. No joke. Google it!

Slightly off-topic.
If you want to read some mind boggeling books with Greek gods, robots debating Shakespeare and more crazy stuff: Illium and Olympos are amazing books. Percy Jackson is just very simple compared to these 2.

Back