• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My long list of story ideas

I spend a lot of my time in creative ventures. At the moment I'm recording an album, writing a book, scripting and editing a Youtube series and designing two games. Needless to say, I have very little spare time on my hands.

Over the last two years or so, I've had the occasional short film idea, and I've kept the ideas all written down in a word document so I don't forget them. I now have a list of 23 story premises that I personally think would make for interesting film - that is, they aren't just your standard car chase action movie or cliched post-apocalyptic zombie flick, I'd like to think they all have something a little more unique than that :)

I'm personally just not going to have the time to pursue these ideas since I'm doing so much other stuff, so I offer them to anyone who wishes to peruse the inner workings of my creative thoughts. If anyone was interested, I can offer you the original concepts, and could spend some time on scripting or anything else I can do on my laptop in the spare pockets of time I can sometimes find. I just can't commit to a full directing role.

Let me know if you're interested in hearing any of this. If you're looking for an original plot to fit a given genre, I probably have something in my assortment of ideas that will fit the bill. If you're just looking for any ideas, then I can share with you some personal favourites.

Cheers,
~ Skyeward

Welcome to indietalk. A very generous offer. How about posting your
top three story premises that you personally think would make for
interesting film.

I also keep a running log of story ideas, snippets of dialog, potential titles, and characters. I recently rediscovered one that I jotted down about a year ago and am currently fleshing it out and trying to figure out how to shoot it as a short on a tight budget. Have you considered hooking up with local filmmakers to collaborate?

I also keep a running log of story ideas, snippets of dialog, potential titles, and characters. I recently rediscovered one that I jotted down about a year ago and am currently fleshing it out and trying to figure out how to shoot it as a short on a tight budget. Have you considered hooking up with local filmmakers to collaborate?

Skyeward,
My suggestion would be go for this ...Wish I had this opportunity.
I'm messy. but, you got good english and imagination.Don't miss the opportunity.

@ Directorik: I hesitated about immediately posting the stories for not wanting them taken without consent, but it might well be worth it anyway. I'll post them when I get back later this evening :)

@ ChimpPhobiaFilms: Any specific genres or themes? I can PM you with a few things.

@ LuckyHardwood: Twice, and it didn't really go anywhere :(

@ JoeJohn: Thanks for the support JoeJohn :) Thing is, if I fully pursued these films, then I would miss the opportunity for my music, games or film review series. I just can't do them all. I may well, unfortunately, have to miss the opportunity here. Time is a cruel mistress.

I spend a lot of my time in creative ventures. At the moment I'm recording an album, writing a book, scripting and editing a Youtube series and designing two games. Needless to say, I have very little spare time on my hands.

Over the last two years or so, I've had the occasional short film idea, and I've kept the ideas all written down in a word document so I don't forget them. I now have a list of 23 story premises that I personally think would make for interesting film - that is, they aren't just your standard car chase action movie or cliched post-apocalyptic zombie flick, I'd like to think they all have something a little more unique than that :)

I'm personally just not going to have the time to pursue these ideas since I'm doing so much other stuff, so I offer them to anyone who wishes to peruse the inner workings of my creative thoughts. If anyone was interested, I can offer you the original concepts, and could spend some time on scripting or anything else I can do on my laptop in the spare pockets of time I can sometimes find. I just can't commit to a full directing role.

Let me know if you're interested in hearing any of this. If you're looking for an original plot to fit a given genre, I probably have something in my assortment of ideas that will fit the bill. If you're just looking for any ideas, then I can share with you some personal favourites.

Cheers,
~ Skyeward

Hey Skyeward would you mind PM'ing a few, I'm interested in anything as long as it's story and character driven. I would really appreciate it, at the moment I plan on developing several short films.

:)

:) @Skyeward, as long as one of your Ideas isn't about a family man of 4, He's own a private company, He's a robot designer in out time that's accused of capital murder and sent to death row only to be rescued by an Intergalactic Judge and two futuristic robots from his designs to destroy a half-human that has the power to "Shape-Shift" from destroying the robot's existence and millions of galaxies and cause an Ice Age on Earth.

(Destroying the Designer, destroys the Robots and their Planet)

Kinda reminds me of A.W.E.S.O.M.-O. Do any of your ideas involve Adam Sandler? ;)

Yeah, I'd like to hear them. All of them. Please PM me. If you don't feel like sending all of them, then just send the ones with sci-fi elements.

Cheers!

Back