• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My latest short made with Canon 5D

Nice work! Very well done :yes:

A good story paired with the awesome visuals in this short would have made the film gold! I get a bit tired of just shots with music, but very nice job! I'd like to see these cinematography skills put in a narrative.

:)

Hi, and thank you
yes...this is kind of surrealistic film ...

You're very gifted. If I tried to tell a surrealistic film, I'd be exposed for the talentless hack I am. You did it beautifully.

Of course it was extremaly time-consuming :)

Dude... I could feel your pain from here :D. All I was thinking about when watching it was, "man, how much time did this guy spend on it?" :lol:

I saw some of your other videos. You really do have a sense for cutting things together and making them look pretty. Really nice work. :)

Best,
Aveek

Hi again and thank you,

I understand what you meant about the story... but I think in my case it's not possible to make movie with 'huge story' because I'm a little bored (ChimpPhobiaFilms - you said 'tired') about large amount of trivial stories... so, I do not feel this way.
I want to be honest and I'm doing things which I love and feel. I don't feel closing everything to one particular story with the beginning and 'happy' ending. I do not see the world, people, relationship that way...
Of course I respect and understand what people want to say doing movies with more or less complicated stories.
Sometimes even feel, but I very rarely watch the movie to the end... usually I perceive just fragments, not full story.
Of course storytelling makes the film more interesting as a good story, and probably more universal. but I'm not Hollywood producer and I don't care about it.
That's the reason why I don't put a story in the movie. Still looking for my own way to present the world...

Greetings

Great work!

SPOILER
I like the end with the cut to her moving arm and the idea with the fan, nice associated with the dreamy parts of the film.

but I'm not Hollywood producer and I don't care about it.
That's the reason why I don't put a story in the movie. Still looking for my own way to present the world...

Hey Moje,
For what it's worth, I'm with you 100%. We do this because we love it. Not because someone else says "this is the way it is done, this is the way it has been done, for [however many] years." That is not what inspires us. Filmmaking, or any art for that matter, is not "paint by numbers." We have our own ways of telling our little stories. Technical things are important to know. But you obviously know your technical stuff.

I personally think you are really talented. The problem with most indie films (including mine) is that they lack packaging. Not enough thought is put in presentation. You already know how to present your story at a professional level (which most of us don't). So you're really ready to tell any kind of story you like.

Keep those videos coming :).
Cheers,
Aveek

Moje,
To be honest with you, right before the ending, I came over to this site to write the comment, and I missed the ending. I just saw the ending right now.

I think your film is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!!!! You are even more talented than I gave you credit for. That ending filled me with so much joy. You obviously, obviously, obviously care about your story.... I didn't know that the ENTIRE sequence, was just a buildup to that final moment. It's fantastic.

I'm sorry about my earlier comment!!! :). I'm filled with joy right now, having seen your ending.

Last edited:
I came over to this site to write the comment, and I missed the ending. I just saw the ending right now.

Don't be sorry... and don't exagerate... it doesn't change much, it is still not 'great story'
Now I know some people also do not watch the whole movie ! I'm not alone anymore :D
Thanx for the nice words anyway !

mojebory

*TROLL COMING THROUGH*

joking.

I have some thoughts on this, I see your not asking for opinions, but heck its a forum and im gonna give them coz im ruthless like that :)

the first question i ask myself is:

Q. is this any good?
A. yes its good, but only on a visual level.
Q. is the audio any good?
A. Audio is a bit boring and the same throughout, didnt really impact the scenery too well (IMO)
Q. what about the camera work?
A. to be honest I was extremely disappointed, having analysed most of the footage correct me if im wrong, but its like 90% slider footage, which bored me to death, pan in, pan out, pan to the left, pan to the right, I think alot of missed opportunity created a samey kind of look throughout, which is fine if you like repetition but i prefer creative difference.

to me the vision was good, the camera work was lazy.

the story was too long, accompanied by the same sound throughout which was a shame, diagetic sound needed or something.

Q. how was the story?
A. to be honest all i got from this was that it was a dream, which is a bit dissapointing, I would loved it to be about life and its creatures and plants, which wasnt the case.

thought id just get that trolling off my chest :)

look forward to your next piece.

Don't be sorry... and don't exagerate...

haha... I'm not exaggerating. This is how I talk. When I like something, "it's the best," "it's the greatest," "you're the prettiest." :D
it doesn't change much, it is still not 'great story'

I think it's great. How many people do you know who could make that film? I know I can't do it.

I'm not exaggerating. I LOVED the ending. Everything made sense. That's what it's about. Making somebody feel something. Your film made me feel something.

Thanx for the nice words anyway !
mojebory

I meant every word :)

Hi,
8salacious9,
I tgought it wasn't joke ;)

"I have some thoughts on this, I see your not asking for opinions, but heck its a forum and im gonna give them coz im ruthless like that"
...if you need to ;)

I said about the stroy everything. Maybe you missed this part of my sentence.

Thank you for your criticizm even if you're not sattisfied viewer.
After all I think you shouldn't watch anymore my work in the future :D
Better not becouse of your suffering...

trueindie,
:D
:D

Greetings

Hello, Mojebory.

Very nice work. I agree that the hand thing and transition at the end really ends it nicely. It's pretty much the equivalent of "wowing them in the end." Otherwise, it might have been "just another" lovely film with a lovely woman strolling around in it. Which would have been lovely enough by itself. I like those. But your end sets it apart and, I feel like, gives it all the story it might need, or at least a bit of narrative.

I appreciate your feeling of independence. I think sometimes it's forgotten that independent filmmaking can mean something besides being produced without studio money. Sometimes "independent" means making films that you want to make, contrary to convention, expectations, or box office. =)

I shared it on facebook. wonderful little piece. reminds me a little of a short Terrance Mallick Vignette. Loved it.

Music was cool too. I program to music like that to keep the mind open and searching.

I really enjoyed this! Thanks for sharing. :)

The visual effects were very good, as was the colour grading. I found it a little long and samey though (mainly the overuse of slider shots). The story was well handled, and the ending predictable but effective.
Even though I liked the music, just like the cinematography, it was too samey as well.

Everything was stretched a little thin basically. You had a great idea, executed each of the component parts really well, but 'left it on repeat' for too long I feel. You could have easily chopped a minute out of this (preferably some of the slider shots that revealed nothing) and made the short punchier, without losing the dreamy feel.

That being said, I do love the more abstract side of the arts, and this was still a really well produced film. It had a wonderful, magical feel without being too surreal, which I really enjoyed. Congrats on the results of your efforts!

To me, it feels like it could be the narrative part from a music video...

Back