My indietalk project

That's what I told my DP. We got the full experience! lol
Didn't come easy and we really had to earn it.

Now I guess it's time to think about marketing. I could accept those 215 pending friend requests i have on facebook :P

I could tweet it out to people and advertise it on my channel if you'd like.

I don't have a huge following but I'm sure I could get a few people to watch your short film.

I could tweet it out to people and advertise it on my channel if you'd like.

I don't have a huge following but I'm sure I could get a few people to watch your short film.

Yeah that would be awesome. Probably a month or two away.
Also I reshot those 3 scenes that were overexposed, it should all be perfect now. But I haven't looked over sundays footage yet :D

I think the key to getting something like this out is to be accepted somewhere like reddit or collegehumor that already have a huge userbase

How long after the martini was finished before you hit the bar?

you lost me on the martini bit.. but we were drinking a lot on set. I wasn't paying the actors just providing food and liquor

martini reminds me of the wedding i was at two weeks ago..

How much is a shot of vodka?
-We don't serve shots here.
Okay I'll have vodka on the rocks.
- I told you I'm not serving you straight vodka.
But its a drink. Okay give me a vodka martini extra dry.
- you'll have to ask the other bartender. I'm not making you that

The last shot of the day is called the martini because the next shot is at the bar.
When you are on set and hear "The martini is up" that means you are on the last shot.

The last shot of the day is called the martini because the next shot is at the bar.
When you are on set and hear "The martini is up" that means you are on the last shot.

Ahh okay. Makes a lot more sense now, thanks.

In other news. this editing is really starting to feel like work.. the littlest things are hurdles now, like someone having their hand up by their face in one shot and then down by their side in another. ughh.. and the scenes with 3+ angles and multiple cameras take forever. at least it's some instant gratification to watch the scenes once they're finished

The editing bay is where all of the various shots become a movie. I have been on sets where I swore that the movie would suck hairy balls but was amazed by how good it was after editing.

The editing bay is where all of the various shots become a movie. I have been on sets where I swore that the movie would suck hairy balls but was amazed by how good it was after editing.

my GF got really excited when I showed her a little clip, it finally made it a reality for her.

Exciting that you've pulled it together and are moving on the project. can't wait to see what you come up with.

10 pages a day is a fast day... we usually shoot around 5 to make sure we have time to get things right.

It took me about 16 hours to shoot 6 pages. but i wrote it in notepad so i don't know if the formatting was standard

We use Celtx on our sets (quite a few crew members on different computer platforms, so it works for us -- and it's free). It formats for you. Makes it easy to schedule as each page (50/50 blend of action/dialog blocks) is about a minute of screen time for the end product... so a 30 minute production is roughly 30 pages long and would take us 6 days to shoot @ 5 pgs/day. This makes it much easier to muster a larger crew as we can do all of the scheduling up front and secure locations and actors for each of those days more easily for us.

We use Celtx on our sets (quite a few crew members on different computer platforms, so it works for us -- and it's free).

A second vote for Celtx. And although my producer recently tried to push Adobe Story (the free version at least) as it had some special features that aided in scheduling and scene breakdown sheets, even he eventually conceded that Celtx did parts of it better and has since switched back to it. It doesn't have some of the fancy prop/character detection systems that Story (or others) have, but it's pretty solid in what it has, and the reports (etc.) that it can produce.

If you like it, they do have a paid version, and their company is quite involved in Indie filmmaking. They have competitions for money, and other things all geared towards helping Indie filmmakers. I bought the full version to support them, based on what they give back to the community.

CraigL

I'm trying out Adobe Story right now and I have to say I'm really enjoying it, but I've also used Celtx and can vouch for that as well. It's a pretty great free program.

I'm trying out Adobe Story right now and I have to say I'm really enjoying it, but I've also used Celtx and can vouch for that as well. It's a pretty great free program.

I had to manually make a page that broke everything down by location, and I used that as a shooting script. I also made a page that said each location and then listed the actors required. Both of these were quite helpful, I'm assuming a screen writing program would do that for me?

Hey guys and girls

Here is a little sneak peek at my upcoming film Friend Zoned :D

http://youtu.be/R7ET_dLOIAc

What I do to organize all of the various elements in my stories is that I use index cards. My system is a tad bit different from the norm because I do more than the standard bit of writing the scene synopsis on the front of the card. My synopsis include the beginning of the scene, any plot shift or twist and the end of the scene. On the left side of the front of the card I use a color coding system to track the audience emotion during the scene. This is what I want the viewer to feel at a given point. The color codes track the emotional arc of the scene. Some scenes do not have an emotional arc but most of mine do. On the right side of the front of the card I use letters to denote departments that are needed for the scene (Art, Props, Weapons, etc.). On the rear of the card I list all of the characters in the scene, the location and any props needed. Before shooting, I take the cards and organize them by location, actor, then props. This makes it much easier to put together a shooting schedule.

I put together 6:20 of continuous footage.
The pacing wasn't very good at all, it lost my attention and made the story hard to follow. So I had this theory that all the funny parts are there, but if I chop out as much as I possibly could, then I would increase my laughs per minute. Keep the same number of laughs but decrease the other parts and LPM goes up.

I went back and chopped out 1/3 of the footage and it's at 4:22 now and it's really good and funny. When we filmed it I could tell the parts were there, but it definitely took some elbow grease in the editing room. At last the story is clear. I've probably seen that section 20 times now and I'm not bored yet, so that's a good sign.

I've seen my bird dancing video at least 60 and it still makes me smile.

At 6 minutes and 39 seconds .. I think I am 99% there! Only two very small clips I would like to change with ADR and footage from the waterproof cam I am waiting on

Back