• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

logline My first logline. Does this story sound interesting?

Agent (working title)
Genre: Afrofuturism, sci-fi, cyberpunk

When an undercover alt-right terroristic group of cybernetically-enhanced crew members plot to destroy their own interstellar cargo ship, a young dorky computer techie fights them with more than his computing skills to save a secret, precious cargo.

Any input would be appreciated 😅

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
I suggest "terrorists" rather than "terroristic group"
If it's a ship and for cargo it's technically pirates. And I think that word works well here and some of that word jumble can be removed. I like the story yes. I gives enough info and leaves me intrigued as well. I am not critiquing the logline itself just the story.

I like the concept but think you can tighten it up without losing the gist, and also re-arrange it a bit.

Maybe put the hero up front?
When ..... uncovers a plot yada yada

I don't think you need the word "undercover"

I suggest "terrorists" rather than "terroristic group"

I'd cut "secret" and just go with precious.
I never would have thought of this. Thanks a bunch.

If it's a ship and for cargo it's technically pirates. And I think that word works well here and some of that word jumble can be removed. I like the story yes. I gives enough info and leaves me intrigued as well. I am not critiquing the logline itself just the story.
Oh yeah, the word pirate does make sense, technically speaking. Thanks for your input.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Inter-galactic pirates
Inter-galactic space pirates
Space pirates

etc?

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
If they do not do this to other ships as well it would not make sense. You could use space-terrorist and hostile takeover or something.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
I don't think you need to mention alt-right in the logline. Terrorists have an agenda so leave that more to the imagination or mention the word political, or, state their actual agenda. Alt-right and in space means this is part fantasy so I just don't think you need that actual label here. It's a bit confusing.

You know I’m glad you mentioned this because I struggled with it for a minute. I wanted to mention that the terrorist were anti-government, (the cargo ship is ran by the gov’ment,) and that they were something more dangerous than just “disgruntled crew members,” lol. But leaving it up to the imagination is a great tip. Thanks for the input!
I don't think you need to mention alt-right in the logline. Terrorists have an agenda so leave that more to the imagination or mention the word political, or, state their actual agenda. Alt-right and in space means this is part fantasy so I just don't think you need that actual label here. It's a bit confusing.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
This is not perfect but it has key points and is short. I had a shorter one but we really need all these key points. Maybe this helps a little.

A nerdy government agent aboard an interstellar cargo ship must stave off a mutinous cyber-crew to secure its precious cargo.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
I don't like "stave off" but I don't know if he "battles" them but if so:

A nerdy government agent aboard an interstellar cargo ship must battle a mutinous cyber-crew to secure its precious cargo.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
A nerdy government agent must battle a mutinous cyber-crew to secure the precious cargo of their interstellar ship.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
What I tried to get across are some key points. 1. They are all government employees (agent, crew). So I said their ship. Or you could say crewmates. 2. That this is a mutiny. A takeover. 3. That his goal is to save the cargo, which you want to keep secret. 4. He is a computer nerd. But I didn't get the gender in those, I did in another one I was typing up. 5. The crew is cyber-enhanced. 6. That the ship is in space. I think those are all important! I did not work in that it was an anti-government takeover.

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
A dorky computer wiz confronts a mutiny in the hopes of saving his interstellar ship's cargo from the grips of cyber-enhanced terrorists.

Got the gender in with his.

What I tried to get across are some key points. 1. They are all government employees (agent, crew). So I said their ship. Or you could say crewmates. 2. That this is a mutiny. A takeover. 3. That his goal is to save the cargo, which you want to keep secret. 4. He is a computer nerd. But I didn't get the gender in those, I did in another one I was typing up. 5. The crew is cyber-enhanced. 6. That the ship is in space. I think those are all important! I did not work in that it was an anti-government takeover.
Wow! Thanks a lot for this. It definitely makes me look at my logline in a more simplistic way.