• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My first Hardcore Music Video

hey guys! I'm 17, and here is the first music video I've ever directed, I made it for a local latin american hardcore band named Agonya ( so yeah the song it's in spanish), I used many techniques I learned from some of you guys, so I really wanted to say thank you and please let me know what you think about my work, thanks again :)
here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4v1PyPu4S8&hd=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4v1PyPu4S8&list=HL1338285354&feature=mh_lolz

Last edited:
I enjoyed it.

There were parts where the video didn't match with the song (the drummer playing the ride cymbal, when the music being played is the hi hat), and it got repetitive after awhile.

I would add clips that go with whatever the songs theme is to give more to the video.

But I liked the fog and lighting.

I, too, noticed many out of sync parts. Anybody who is a musician will notice all of these mistakes.

I liked that you chose to cut a lot to keep the pace faster, but there were many cuts that were way too short in my opinion. Give the viewer a chance to see what's going on in the frame before you cut away to something else.

Overall I loved the look, lighting, smoke, and image quality. Keep it up!

Hardcore? That wasn't hardcore. More like NWoBHM with a lightweight singer. Was diggin' the guitars.
smiley_banjo.gif

The actual video - the first minute is a complete toss. You don't need 20% of your video to be the band getting ready to start while finding their gear. It's a timesink... and more importantly, boring.

Went well once the song actually began. Sure, you didn't have a lot to work with but it's cut to keep moving, and it does that. So yeah, it's a good music video... when the music video actually starts.

Same band for the next music vid? :cool:

Zensteve, I know, the band are the ones who call themselves hardcore, so what can I say haha thanks for the advice I'll be way more careful on that one, it was way too much, that wasn't my idea tho it was the guys' but yeah I'll keep an eye on that on the next video, which is going to be a different band this time power metal, and right after i'm done I'm going to be working with this guys again in a different song, i have lots of ideas right now :)

Hardcore? That wasn't hardcore. More like NWoBHM with a lightweight singer. Was diggin' the guitars.
smiley_banjo.gif

+1

(And perhaps some influences from Gotenborg-Deathmetal, but that was influenced by NWoBHM. The ooooo-ooohooohooo has some punkrock/hardcore feel, but in a poppy (Kaiser Chiefs) way.
Anyway: they know how to play!)

Any advice?
Even if you only have 1 location, you can change the light for different parts of the song.
Parts with distorted vocals could have been lit in a different way (more horror like?), guitarsolos can be lit more 'showy'.

When you are dealing with female musicians: get a stylist and lots of clothes, so you can change a lot.

Good shots, im a fan of the set that you put together. For the most part, the cuts very also pretty good. Only thing that really bothered me was the beginning, it kinda dragged for me. couldve been shorter maybe?

Yeah, watch the messaging, its import that the band peg the target audience with the genre specification. Hardcore it aint. I really like it mind you.. just not hardcore.. anything..

Video. Lots of tech issues already mentioned. It really did move along once the band started playing.

Next thing you can do is try some of the lip syncing cool tricks where you speed the playback up \ down and have the band lip sync \ play along to the track as it plays back at a slower or faster speed. Then in editing you adjust the video playback speed to match the ACTUAL song playback speed and get some real strange looking things.. pretty good for this genre.. You can do something like that for a couple shots, doesn't have to be the entire song.

You could do a matrix thing.. make like 20 takes, where you move the camera just a foot each take and then cut between the takes moving the viewer in space .. in this video where I worked as one of 20 cam operators we did that.. the effect is noticeable at about 0:48 -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A217iXSLuLk

Im looking for just the right band to do a video for.. still looking..

Back