My film will beat your film!

This ought to be an improvement over your last film. ;)

Zing!

Pretty good, if I may say so myself... but as far as ego-damage goes, it was a mere flesh wound.

think your tuff!

My good sir.

I am so "tuff", that my Rice Crispies don't go, "Snap! Crackle! Pop!"

They go, "Shhh, here he comes!". :cool:

but i have r2d2.

Hmm. I had not considered that.

If you have R2-D2 on your side, that means I have... C3-PO?!

That is a bad omen, right there. I'll be watching you.
smiley_ninja.gif

_______

Mr HailKing...

I respond to your images and sound-bites by... digging out the movie and watching the whole thing! Too good to pass up. :lol:

The official thread is up.

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=6092

Please note:

• The restrictions on it will be released this weekend.
  • It's a "Rules & Details" thread, not a mud-toss like this one.
  • There are going to be some clarifications in it, over the next few days.
  • If you need clarification on how the competition works, please ask it there.
  • If you intend to tell me how you will crush me :rolleyes: , please do that here in this thread.

Well!

A surprise start from Poke, with surprise details! This is going to be the best ITOOFC yet!

For you snoozers, here's the skinny.

Category is the following: Any! That's right, any genre will do.

Dialogue is the following: "Did you have a good time?"

The Prop is the following: A baseball cap.

BONUS is the following: If the film is in Black and White you will be awarded two bonus points in the Final Judges Score.

Wowzers! That was almost enough to throw me for a loop. (Note: I said "almost")

Any genre you like, and bonus points if it's a B/W piece. That's optional, it would appear...

...but I suspect anyone looking to outdo me will need all the points they can get.
smiley_ball.gif

_______

I'm feeling really good about this whole thing.

Who's ready to collapse under the pressure already?
smiley_chocobo.gif

Now, THIS sounds like fun! Just a few questions...

ANY genre? "Woulda liked a clue on that one!"
Prop... Any particular team, etc? Or is it just the "cap" thing?
B/W... Is Sepia included? ;)

Anywho... I am SO IN!

Rock n Roll!

-HAWKEYE

Good Mr Hawkeye!

Poke will be able to clarify questions more readily on the Official info thread here.

Good one about the sepia-tone, btw. I was just about to ask about that myself, as one of my first ideas was along that line.

I suspect not, but it never hurts to check with Poke. :cool:

_______

....and since this is the "mudtoss thread", I must make the obligatory statement about how futile your film will seem, when compared to mine.

Surrender now, Earthlings! :abduct:

Last edited:
Y'all are lucky a six -week deadline pretty much prohibits me from entering an animation, but I am still offering some gratuitious butt-kicking just for the fun of it. Line forms to the left... cross-over kick, you see.

bird said:
I am still offering some gratuitious butt-kicking just for the fun of it. Line forms to the left... cross-over kick, you see.

You can "punish" me anytime, Bird.
smiley_flog.gif

_______

In other news...

...I have just decided on exactly what I will be doing for this challenge.

Complete, basic layout is in my head. I just need to spend a few days with Betty (writer friend) to get the screenplay downpat.

How is everyone else faring so far? Been brainstorming away? Mix-matching ideas you've had tucked away for a while? Half-filmed already?

I'm feeling rather... invincible!
smiley_hulk.gif

Zensteve said:
How is everyone else faring so far? Been brainstorming away? Mix-matching ideas you've had tucked away for a while? Half-filmed already?

I'm feeling rather... invincible!

Main photography went "into the can" (well...on tape at least) last night!

BEAT THAT, ZEN!

I've been playing games " the never ending story game " that is. The Staff and I have come up with a nifty little adventure. If we can only figure out how to put it on tape.

The Art Dept. is in pre concept rendering.
The Creative Dept. is struggling to develope details to the story line.
The Budget Dept. is squeezing every ounce of blood from those turnips
and lastly the Writing Dept. is totaly freaked by the task at hand.

Besides that we're right on schedule and ready to whip some film comp butt!

Aha ! The art Dept. is reporting completion of a key prop! :D

Very impressive gentlemen...almost, could I compare (?) HARELIKE????

This turtle hasn't even decided on a genre yet, let alone if I'll sacrafice the 2 points for B&W to shoot in color.

Oh well...see you guys at the finish line...I'll be the one eating oranges and drinking water as you cross!!!

Chris

Completed rough story outline; fitting this into 5 minutes looks like the first big hurdle.

Built primary set in garage - may have to strike the whole thing if it snows again tonight as expected.

Called around the get some talent lined up.

Not bad for a few days, I'm pleased with the way things are shaping up.

Latest update!

I have to start over the security patrol have clamped down and said I have to chose another project idea. The reason, She dosen't want the kids in a movie on the web. I can't say I blame her but it sure would have been fun. Now time is a wasten!

Just to let all you challengers know...

I am filming mine in B/W to make use of the bonus points.

Not because I'll need them to beat you all, but because I intend to thrash you by that much more!
smiley_owned.gif

film670223 said:
...the security patrol have clamped down and said I have to chose another project idea. The reason, She dosen't want the kids in a movie on the web.

And after the Star Wars Kid can anyone really blame her?

Poke

I've written a script... if I can get my cameraman down next week, I'm SOOO in.

Prepare to eat your words, slinger of mud. So thou hast flung it, so thou shalt wallow in it- poopy-head!
:weird:

Last edited:
John@Bophe said:
Zensteve said:
I am so confident that my film will be better, that I am considering filming the entire thing with the lenscap on

This ought to be an improvement over your last film. ;)

New and Improved "Best Taunt Ever!"

I know, I missed it, but upon re-examination this one...well, one ups Zenner's previous taunt.

This one...

Spatula said:
Prepare to eat your words, slinger of mud. So thou hast flung it, so thou shalt wallow in it- poopy-head!
:weird:

Most Pythonesque Taunt Ever!

Poke

Back