• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My Corporate Video Gig..

good..
was the client satisfied? You made the place look great. It seems too long to really hold interest, especially for a web video. Id break it up into several short spots, but its not my call its the clients!

yes the client was happy with it.. i can definitely edit this down to 2 minutes but I already dumped so many great shots.. i think i will leave it like this for now. id hate to cut down out of these shots.

i can definitely edit this down to 2 minutes but I already dumped so many great shots.. i think i will leave it like this for now. id hate to cut down out of these shots.

This is the problem with editing projects you've shot/directed. If you want your projects to shine, you absolutely have to be willing to cut anything and everything. Yes, these shots are your babies, of course you think your babies are beautiful. It doesn't matter, you have to be willing to cut them. Go through and cut anything that is not absolutely integral to the piece. After you that, go through again and do the same. That's how you'll end up with piece that only has your absolute best shots.

+1 for Killing your babies!

(but I was saying break it up into several shorter videos, say focusing on FOOD, and another Ambiance, and another Music etc.. just a thought.. If I was making a web site for my place, Id want something much more interactive, nobody is going to sit through that entire spot, nobody except the owners who in this case are paying you so.. you give em what they want.

Just thinking)

Last edited:
sure.. thats a good idea as well.. to break it up.. but its not what the client wanted.. he wanted 1 video for this venue, most of his clients are over 50.. so the target group for this video has better attention span than us. Ill have that in mind next time :) thanks for the feedback and the ideas, but this one i am going to leave like this for now :)

Back