• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Muzzle Flash - Convincing?

It's pretty good. A little small for video, and it's too sharp, the end of the barrel is falling off into shallow DOF and the flash should too.

Fun stuff to work with haha.

I guess I'll be the bad guy... :weird:

All the right elements are there, and the flash itself was good. But the smoke was too sharp to look realistic to me. Soften it up a bit, add a slightly longer flash of ambient light, and Bob's your uncle.

That said, if this was just a quick shot as part of a longer scene, no one would notice. But if you're asking strictly about the quality of the fx work in the shot, I'd suggest what I wrote above.

first showing, i saw the flash. Now on each reload i only see the smoke.

so in this case, i'll only review the smoke effect.

It looks like it comes after the flash, but in itself it looks like it's puffed out of a toy gun. I might have the smoke more spread out instead of looking puffed out of the pipe.

also you seem to have a small duplicate smoke effect above the front sights... might think of removing that.

Back