• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Mustache Montage

I actually just went back to watch it again. After reading all of the positve reviews, I thought maybe I missed something first time around. To be honest, this short doesn't do anything for me. I suppose the concept has potential, but the actual execution (at least in this first installment) was left wanting. It reminds me in many ways of my disappointment with Saturday Night Live in the past 20 years. SNL creates characters with an unusual quirk...and that's it. They don't ever really do or say anything funny beyond exploiting the ONE quirk-thing that identifies the character. I guess what I mean to say is...a joke that is all setup without a punch line ultimately isn't very funny. If you do intend to continue the adventures of your mustachioed hero, I would suggest allowing the situation to carry as much humor as the mustache. Otherwise, the novelty will wear off quickly.

On the technical side, there is a high level of wind noise which was distracting. If you aren't already using one, I would suggest an external directional mic with a wind-screen.

Thanks John. Just ordered a shotgun mic & wind screen. We felt the same way about the character's potential. Right after shooting, we had all these other great ideas. He will be in some funny situations in the upcoming episodes. We just shot and edited this in one day...sort of on a whim and for fun. I am pretty happy with it. I made it a minute so I'll have something to submit to one minute movie venues. It would have been better if he was playing a game with someone. He probably will in the last episode or something...the series will sort of be one movie when put together. The last episode will be a climax as it's planned out right now.

I think most of the comments were based on the potential of the character with the knowledge in mind that this was one of those "having fun one day" shorts.

Poke

Hilarious

That's a great short. I watched this at a computer in a library, where everything's suppose to be "shush" and so I took all my strength to NOT bust out laughing.

Back