• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music Video for Indigo Wild - "Rowboats"

What is your general reaction to the music video?

• I love the video and the music!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very well done, but the music isn't for me.

• I love the music, but the video was pretty bad.

• It's all below average, but nice effort.

• Horrible dude.

• Total voters
Here is a music video I made for a band in Columbus, Ohio called Indigo Wild. It is for their new single "Rowboats" releasing via their new EP "If By Sea" on September 9th, 2011.

The idea is strongly based on an idea the band had themselves. My role was to direct, edit, and produce a product for them with the nice hefty budget of $0. Here's what I came up with. Let me know what you think.

http://vimeo.com/27512527

http://www.facebook.com/IndigoWild

Well the message the band wanted to get across was through the use of shapes as a form of characterization. If you look closely, the two main characters have shapes similar but not congruent to the shapes of the other characters they are seeking acceptance from. It's simple, although I was actually worried the mise-en-scene wouldn't come through in my props as clear as I needed to.

Thank you for the feedback :)

The line that jumped into my head when I saw the pi-are-squared sign and the placard was, "You can't circle a square,...dork." In a totaly playful way.:)

Last edited:
I'm just happy you know what mise-en-scene means :)

It's the most neglected part of indie filmmaking and, for the past few years, Hollywood as well.

Haha it is certainly something that gets neglected in indie filmmaking, but I can say its most likely due to financial restraints. Hollywood, I wouldn't say they have neglected it, but they have definitely decided to replace it with mindless cgi.

I thought it was pretty good, I liked the idea of the "shapes", might have been better with more examples to give it more of a crystal clear idea of what was going on (the thought of people fitting in with the "popular" kids). Also, it seemed like the audio was off at times (wasn't synced with their mouth movements), but considering that you did this with a huge budget of...absolutely nothing, it was pretty good! :yes:

Back