Music I made in 75 still has a following... shocked!

I did this music thing many years ago (as a soundtrack for a movie I wanted to make) ... the music still has a following AND SELLING (mildly hot in Europe today -- some kind of 60's/70's psychedelic retro crave)... I guess many think I am worth some copy after all these years. Color me shocked, didn't think I was worth much of anything !

There are so many of these little interviews in FanZine publications and Internet blogs (in Europe and U.S.A.) cropping up ... Hey, I still get small checks from Apple ITunes and other Internet music providers. Not complaining, just kind of shocked after all these years !

I have always just wanted to make movies ... so I have gotten into the habit of promoting filmmaking when the music (from the past) kicks up. Not sure it is a good idea, but hey, it is my main interest. Maybe I should create a marketing myth instead? Nah.

What you see is what you get ... If you have the time or interest, check this October, 2011 issue of Psychedelic Baby. I am somewhere in there, maybe the second interview? After Ultimate Spinach ?

LOL.

Nice! Always good to know something you did had some legs on it! And checks, of any size from creative works are awesome! Good interview too. These days a lot of psych stuff from the 70's has been coming back...Comus got back together, someone dug Vashti Bunyan out of wherever she was hiding, Incredible String Band have toured a few times in the past 10 years. There are a lot of newer bands doing a similar/influenced thing...Circulus is one of my favorites.

Maybe it's your time to put a band together and make a comeback!

That is very cool! I'm producing a documentary right now about a friend who did an album in '79. We're almost done filming.

You should do a documentary on yours man!

That's ridiculously awesome, man. I've got a play that people still want to produce after almost ten years, but your music is a whole other story. I'd be very proud indeed.

Back