• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Mr. Karma

So i got this idea...
of a film where an Senior Man, around 50 years old is Mr. Karma. He Controls Karma itself. So basically that's his job. He has a laptop in which he gets messages on what his next job is. Things range from Slicing tires of cars to loosening screws on carnival games... stuff like that... i just got this idea out of nowhere... but i would like people's opinion to know if its just simply dumb or perhapse has hopes of actually getting a good script out of it.

I think it sounds like an interesting concept for a story, but as of yet, you have no story. What is the conflict? What problem does Mr. Kharma have to solve?

(P.S. That's not kharma; that's instant kharma. One is a religious belief about what happens when you die; the other is a popular euphemism/song).

if its just simply dumb or perhapse has hopes of actually getting a good script out of it.

Sure, you could turn that into a great script. :)

All great stories start with the simplest of ideas, and get built on from there.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any ideas for movies that were simply "dumb". Some were poorly produced, maybe, but that's a whole other issue.

It could be great. My name is Earl (In a reverse kind of way) comes to mind alittle, but not really.

Maybe create an additional cast of characters that are like Mr. K in their duties, but that Mr.K never knew existed till one day when they change his life forever, just as he changes others lives.

For example, maybe he gets another shot at love when that day he meets HER, and she says
Hi, I’m Destiny, your Destiny” and so on, inside some kind of story where because something happens, through these character (and “regular” people) all must be made right and order restored to the universe.
(And of course it would all mean something else thematically.)

-Thanks-

Last edited:
wow those are pretty cool ideas

a while ago i came up with an additional type of story

normally people cant see him. so he goes up and about doing his stuff, when suddenly a guy who is a runaway failed artist notices him... (or it could be in fact the girl called Destiny?? which could create a romance to the story) and the story continues from there or something similar

It's unrefined but maybe one day Mr. K wakes up from something amazing, and in his line of work unique, a dream. In that dream he sees a woman he is in love with, she is Destiny.

During the course of his day the dream of the woman has him off his game in the Karma work. (He is like letting people get away with stuff and accidentally screwing others over.)

While this is happening we notice (He doesn’t, at 1st) two female characters lurking around watching him. They introduce themselves as sisters, Hope and Faith.

Hope and Faith know about the dream and tell Mr. K in order to meet the woman of his dreams (because she is his Destiny) he must (Angel story like) appear to two regular people (A couple) trying to have a baby but that can’t and because of it are growing apart.

In this growing apart, the couple (In an absence of hope and faith) are about to do something to each other that will create bad karma, and this is what Mr. K must somehow prevent.

Then there must be a bad guy of some kind in the universe that tries to keep Mr. K from his objective and tries to spilt the couple up, but I don't know who that character is at the moment or just what happens.

But in the end Mr. K succeeds, the couple get back/stay together and the woman discovers she is pregnant. This baby is to be named Will, because with hope and faith where there is a Will there is a way.

Then some non sense that wraps it all up where like Mr. K is that baby, and we know he will grow up and go on to meet the girl of his dreams and fulfill his Destiny.

The End.

-Thanks-

Last edited:
I wont agree. Karma is fate. Nobody can escape destiny. I f yu are fated to die you will die . If I am fated I can become a scriptwriter , if I am not fated I cant . I practice positive thinking , so I am fated and as long as hope is here there is some life yet.
padma

I think it sounds like an interesting concept for a story, but as of yet, you have no story. What is the conflict? What problem does Mr. Kharma have to solve?

(P.S. That's not kharma; that's instant kharma. One is a religious belief about what happens when you die; the other is a popular euphemism/song).

+1000

Do some research on what kharma really is. It's a very commonly misused word.

That being said, it's not like there is any law saying you can't make a great movie about a concept that you call kharma(but isn't technically).

Back