Movies about writers.

I just watched CAPOTE and BARTON FINK.

Good movies both. But I do prefer Bennett Miller's story paste and texture over the Coen Brothers on those pictures.

F#@#$% phone is ringing. I hate phones. Really. It's so invasive. From remote you can make an object make a noise in any place in the world were is a telephone. The event which is Phone Ringing is not under your control. You will never decide when your phone will ring.

EXEPTIONS: If you call yourself with a cellphone.
If you unplug your phone.
You can't make a puplic phone ring. Exept you are Tyler Durden, who doesn't exist.

Other than that, nope, it's an other person who control when your phone ring and agress your ears, my ears right at this moment.

Ok.

So any other good movies about writers??

The Shining, although it's probably more about the hotel

Henry and June, one of my favorite narratives, about Henry Miller and Anais Nin and the birth of erotic fiction. Saw this one as a young man; probably counts as my coming of age (along with seeing Cruising when I was 11. Yikes.)

1408, another Stephen King. Cusack's reaction to the question "do you drink?" is spot on.

Shadowlands, about C.S. Lewis. Should be required viewing for anyone who doubts the power or validity of acting for the screen. Hopkins transcends the medium.

Shadowlands is one of my favorite Anthony Hopkins movies ever.

"Fear and Loathing" has a lot of weird stuff going for it, but you can watch that film and take from it some ideas of what Thompson was like as a writer and the nature of how he was able to briefly mix chaos and literary genius so beautifully.

"The electric vibrator was first market in the 1890s. The first household appliances to be electrified were the sewing machine, the fan, and the vibrator. Americans enjoyed electric vibrator ten years before electric vacuum cleaners!"

Thx for the movie sugestions.

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about Moulin Rouge. Love that.

How about Naked Lunch?

Also Kafka

Both those flicks are a little
smiley_bong.gif

Back