Movie moments WORTH paying for?

An interesting thread on a fellow Film forum. I thought I would bring it over to our side. The dark side.

What is the TOP moment (I bet the film buffs have a'plenty) that you can recall, that made your jaw drop, eyes flood with tears and perhaps even- to the humor-lovers- caused you to "shart" with laughter?

Links to encourage the sharing and explanations preferred.

Let the wild rumpus begin...

Hmm... a lot like the "favorite scene" thread.

The top moment for me was in Sunshine when Capa and Kaneda are outside repairing the ship. I won't say more than that, other than John Murphy gave me some giant goosebumps.

Donny's death, in The Big Lebowski.
Operation Kino's final stage/Shoshanna's plan, in Inglorious Basterds
Several parts of The Matrix
Inception's first dream sequence

Pete's one was a cool one.

Last edited:
The first one I thought of is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2RxWs60dRM

I love Gone With the Wind, the book and the film :)

Luke/Vader revelation scene from Empire.

Matrix movies all had some impressive scenes, but for me, technically, the Neo vs Agent Smith(s) in Reloaded was simply incredible.

the part in the village when you find out its present day

I would say 'SPOILER!' but the movie is so terrible it's best that people know the twist and therefore don't bother watching it.

I'll have a think about this but I want to find one that:

a.) Isn't from Harry Potter (lol).
b.) Has a YouTube clip of itself.

I would say 'SPOILER!' but the movie is so terrible it's best that people know the twist and therefore don't bother watching it.

I'll have a think about this but I want to find one that:

a.) Isn't from Harry Potter (lol).
b.) Has a YouTube clip of itself.

HAHA so i added the spolier, then i realized you quoted anyway.

I only like it because the twist was so unexpected

For as many times as I saw the Lord of the Rings movies in the theater, and never once thought I was wasting my money, suffice to say they were FILLED with moments like that, for me. A couple more specific, equally geeky, but more abstract to the point of meta moments:

The beginning of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (well, after the song ended anyway). Looking forward to new material from Douglas, knowing how many YEARS he put into making that happen. The movie itself was so-so, but just that there WAS a movie brought a tear to my eye, and wished Mr. Adams had lived long enough to see it. I imagine I'll feel the same way if Ender's Game ever gets made (and hopefully Card will get to see that one).

The opening title scrawl of The Phantom Menace. One of my earliest memories is of watching A New Hope on Super 8 at my Uncle's house, as well as the christmas special (both memories I doubted until confirmed MANY years later). I was 6 when the last new Star Wars film came out and remembered seeing it in the theater, and then again at the drive-in (double feature with the Dark Crystal). I can't remember life without Star Wars; I'm not the most obsessive fan, but I've always enjoyed the films (even the TV Ewok movies!) For that moment, opening night, I was once again 6 years old, watching the receeding text and anticipating what was to come. It's a shame the movie wasn't that good, but that moment? Pure magic!

Millennium Falcon diving out of the sun, clearing the way for Luke to take his shot.
smiley_woop.gif

Wasn't expecting Han to have that last-minute change of heart.

I have a lot of classic movie scenes I can list but for now I am going to stick with one contemporary scene. The first battle scene in 300 was worth the price of admission. Beautiful,powerful, raw, adrenaline pumping. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxlhajOolw

In Saving Private Ryan when the guys are walking over a sun lit grassy hill, and John Williams kicks it in full gear. That song haunted me for years. Easily in my top 3 favorite scenes of all time... even though the movie probably doesn't even clear my top 10.

Velocoraptor chase scene in Jurassic Park. I still have a scar in my arm from my date's fingernails digging into me when the ceiling gave way and the girl was hanging above the raptor.

Titanic (yes - I saw that movie 3 times in theaters).

Forrest Gump - the end when he realizes it's his kid and he walks him to the school bus - when it's come full circle. Nostalgia.

Private Ryan beach scene...

I will think of more and update my answer.

Should a 26 year old man admit to this?

I cried like an absolute girl to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grSg8cd8v-Q

And it's got me again!
:cry:

Back