suggestion More prominent media display ?

sfoster

Staff Member
I was thinking what if the site featured it's members media more prominently?

Here is a quick photoshop of the general idea i had in mind, im not a graphic artist and i just did a cut and paste from a different part of the website this way (hopefully) the code could just be cut and paste as well without really generating much workload.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iyWLN_9IxhqkrfeHSNdwuzLsO3bGMkmH/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
I didn't like the old media gallery because it was so disjointed from the forum. It was like eating at McDonald's and having to go to Dairy Queen for dessert because the Mickey D's machine was broken. LOL! Well we fixed the machine, so to speak! And the new media gallery will be IN the forum. As posts but with YouTube style thumbs up and down, video thumbnails instead of your avatars in searches/lists, and easy clicking to new, popular, etc. Been working on it awhile, you'll see it soon!

I didn't like the old media gallery because it was so disjointed from the forum. It was like eating at McDonald's and having to go to Dairy Queen for dessert because the Mickey D's machine was broken. LOL! Well we fixed the machine, so to speak! And the new media gallery will be IN the forum. As posts but with YouTube style thumbs up and down, video thumbnails instead of your avatars in searches/lists, and easy clicking to new, popular, etc. Been working on it awhile, you'll see it soon!

Looking forward to seeing it. I really hate the thumbs down on reddit and feel like it produces unnecessary negativity on that site.
Maybe it'll work differently here.

Well we had 5 stars reviews before and didn't have a 1-star issue so I think it will be okay. ;)

Just an idea, I'm not much of an HTML coder so I don't know how much trouble this would be. What if there was a small window on the front page, just thumbnail size. Perhaps just under the online members box. In this window, it would play a random shuffle playlist of videos from the videos section. If you clicked on the small window, it would take you to the post of the video currently playing. It would be a way to drive more interest to the videos, which are kind of important in my opinion, since they are the final output that all this advice and conversation eventually produces. Might liven up the front page a bit also.

Back