moire/alias killer (for 5D)

I agree, this is a potential game changer. I gave up on the Canons because of the moire and aliasing.

Make me happy as heck that we just got a 5D again. Between that and MX we're pretty much covered.

Been considering foregoing shooting RED on the next feature and doing a pair of GH-2's or Pair of 5D's. Gonna be a hard decision with the GH-2 back etc going on.

Been considering foregoing shooting RED on the next feature and doing a pair of GH-2's or Pair of 5D's. Gonna be a hard decision with the GH-2 back etc going on.

I've been monitoring the GH2 hack progress. V and the testers/developers are showing A LOT of
excitement with regards to the hack. They've said it is already far more promising than the GH1 hack -- and the
GH1 hack is regarded as transformational. Lots of interesting stuff going on out there.

I thought the same thing, but it looks like it pops right in.

It's a game changer for sure. That was the one "fatal flaw" of the camera. I don't count audio because you're supposed to do that separate system anyway. For $2600 you get an even more killer camera than before.

Looks good, I'll definitely order one of these as soon as it ships. I personally think the aliasing/moire is rarely a dealbreaker but it's annoying enough that I'd be glad not to have to worry about it. I just wish this worked with super-wides though, as that's one of the areas where the 5D is really nice and also where you'd be likely to get these artifacts.

Back