• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch MIXED MESSAGES - Teaser

Ummm... What does the guy on the answering machine say?

Hello. John. Where are you? Something. Something.

I don't know if it's just me but im not understanding it.

Cool, i can see how the effect is going to be now.

He leads a regular, boring, working life. His wife and kids seem to have gone. You don't know what is going on. And he has nine messages.

I've done the same effect and like it a lot!

You got it, Ernest! Final film will be polished and, if all goes well, ready in April. Later.

What are you working on these days, other than trotting the globe? ;)

You got it, Ernest! Final film will be polished and, if all goes well, ready in April. Later.

What are you working on these days, other than trotting the globe? ;)

Don't want to detract from your thread but im in the Cincinnati area now (so if you're ever near here...) looking for new and doing some photography assignments to keep money coming in. Meanwhile, i'm looking to meet some like minded people in the area to collaborate on shorts with.

Now back to your teaser!

Are you planning on submitting it to festivals?

no probs. I'm going to repost the clip with text so there's no confusion about what is being said.
then I'll fix the sound for the actual film.

Yes, if it comes out the way I imagine, I'll definitely submit to a few festivals, especially ones that lean more toward comedy.

Awesome. Very excited about this. That wide lens is incredible...what an image! Reminds of that shot in Kane with the pill bottles in the foreground, Susan Alexander Kane mid and Welles looming in the background.

Yes, that wide works wonderfully. I'm hoping to make good use of it in future shoots.

Mixed Messages definitely won't dazzle with crazy camera moves, so my hope is that the editing will create the comedy, or at least move it along and keep people watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ayasHw0d38

Houston, we have a rough cut. : )

Editing for me is all about "getting in the zone." Time whooshes by, hours feel like minutes, and before I know it the puzzle pieces are all lined up.

I'm pleased with where it's at. Needs color correction, a bit of sound sweetening, end credits and music, but it's closer than ever. Woot woot.

heh heh. for 99 cents at the thrift store, best prop I ever found.

Everyone who helped out with the film will get a DVD which will feature some fun outtakes with Ed.

The "band" is coming over tonight to record the end credit song. Once that's in the NLE timeline I export for YouTube and bingo, bango - done! :D

Nine messages. One man. No luck.

Total running time: 9min.

And we'll make the deadline for the Los Angeles Comedy Festival :lol:

picture.php

Last edited:
The yellow lines are very aesthetic.

What mic did you use in the teaser shot? Sounds pretty good, and better than a lapel to my ear, but it seems like a lapel would be the only way to record his voice in that shot.

Nicely done.

I like the use of sound and that you gave him about 5 seconds to get the door open and you know he was locked out and annoyed about it.

The entire movie (9 min.) will go LIVE on Friday, which will give you a much better idea how the sound has been improved. Not that the teaser audio is terrible, just not 100%. I used a shotgun mic on a mic stand. Will repost the poster minus the yellow on Friday. Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned!! :D

Back