[May 1] What are you working on this week?

- Editing screencapture tutorials for the Treasure Department.
- Finding sponsors for 'Koekjes'
- Crossing my fingers for the biggest gig in years: hoping to get a go this week :)
(it is for a 1.5 year timelapse plus a dozen normal shooting days)

BOOM! Finally uploading episodes of my improv show on youtube! (The first of it's kind.)

Now I have to stay consistent and upload every weekday - no exceptions

More preproduction. Finalizing some locations, getting schedule locked in, doing a lot of this and that. We finally decided on May 20th to start principle. We will be mostly doing weekend shoots for 7-8 weeks total.

*Finally* locking the location for my feature. Headed out there on Thursday to figure out specifics (https://www.highlandlodge.com/ in case anyone is interested) of where we'll be filming and where cast/crew will be sleeping. It's going to be a little bit interesting since we'll be filming in space where people are also staying, but I have strategies to make it work (best-laid plans and all that, I know).

Hoping to dive into the final-ish script rewrites as soon as I have a TON of photos of the location and a better feel for the flow of things. I had two options for location, and this one had more character and built-in production value, so since my budget is minimal, decided to go for it even though travel logistics are more complicated (middle of nowhere and all that).

Also putting finishing touches on the crowdfunding campaign (all except the video, which I need to reach out to my lead actor about collaborating on) and starting my initial outreach to people who I hope will be on board as early contributors.

And contracts. Gotta get those contracts signed as soon as location and dates are locked.

And redoing my pre-production schedule spreadsheet since I'm way behind where I planned to be and have thought of a million more things I need to do between now and August/September.

I started a new workout regiment. Swimming HIIT laps in the pool for 70 minutes every morning.

Hurray for warm weather!

M3nkU_a_9Z1BQgpa2vjP6aoxJRq9ciOc_R7SQNKo6Dx6EDHk83tKzHkZScFTm8UdYeaZVF0SffYz63bFYVq2a4Rn3Gu4aY3si8FD7mQsTYDs8JeTa5CjqV7lQ8Yx1Bi1qkASToXb

Getting some blog posts finalized and scheduled for the rest of the month and doing last minute prepping for a short to film on Saturday.

Final 8 week push for a cable series on which I'm supervising VFX. We're right in the thick of it, but it's good to be busy.

Uploading my short on Vimeo resulted in a job offer to direct & edit a music video (A paid gig! Known vocalist).

Today, I bought a couple of used color-critical monitors from my boss for a total cost of $100 (nice score). Time to rethink my low-end home editing setup.

Final 8 week push for a cable series on which I'm supervising VFX. We're right in the thick of it, but it's good to be busy.

Uploading my short on Vimeo resulted in a job offer to direct & edit a music video (A paid gig! Known vocalist).

Today, I bought a couple of used color-critical monitors from my boss for a total cost of $100 (nice score). Time to rethink my low-end home editing setup.

:thumbsup:

And yeah, keep an eye on those VFX. Airing in july?

Just wrapped and edited two music videos in 3 days. Pretty pleased with myself, as you can imagine. One is in the screening room! http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=63199 (I'm shameless I know)

The other was shot edited finished and paid for in one day. Then I found out it might be a year till its released. Doh.

Z8Ai5E7.jpg
In the screening room now.

5mUn6X3.jpg
Not released for a while. Fun fact: Shot this one on a gopro.

So these two are done and dusted. Also editing a corporate i shot a couple of weeks ago. Full on. :)

This week I am supervising my student's Sci-Fi web series production, "The Last Prisoner." It has been a great project.

I picked up my first ever digital camera this weekend. So I decided to just trial by fire myself and shoot a short film.

This week I am listening to feedback and preparing to re-shoot some key scenes. Not to mention making my way through these forums which I JUST found.

Back