• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Lot 464 - A noir short film

Pretty cool. I thought the color palette was a little bright for noir, especially in the bar. Looked a little too sunny for my tastes. But nice job!

I just shot a noir in Southfield and Ferndale which will premiering soon, btw.

IMHO it was a little bright and clear. Where's the smog/fog/smoke. Shadow was another thing I felt was lacking. Also why not shoot in B/W. That scene at 6.26 could have been really cool. Also the stairs before that. Cast some shadow so you only see part of the stairs and everything else is pitch. Meetings on roofs occur at night. :) "Baseball, I always had a helluvan arm" Nice line. There was a spark there going into the fight scene. I would have liked it a little more frantic. Also I understand you were probably working under some constraints. I enjoyed the circular ending. All in all I liked it. And please don't taske me too seriously, I'm a rank amateur.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. I agree that some of it was a bit bright. Given the option, I would have liked to film a lot of it at night. We were shooting under some ridiculous time constraints. The entire film except for the bar scene was filmed in a single day. As far as shooting in B/W, going B/W in post was always an option. The director edited this cut, but I've been toying with the idea of going back and tweaking the color correction and maybe going black and white.

As an interesting factoid, the audio in the bar scene was completely unusable due to a blowing air conditioner, so the audio for the entire scene is ADR and foley. I think that came out pretty awesome.

All in all, I think it turned out pretty good for something shot so quickly.

Last edited:
I agree with the colors as like some others. Overall it's a really nicely made piece, need some more stark shadows though in my opinion. And I too am interested in your premiere Uranium, I'd love to see it.

Back