Looking to collaborate with a writer on a Narrative Feature Film

Hello,

My name is Bianca. I am looking to work with a writer to produce and direct a narrative feature film. I have experience directing short films so far, and looking to take the leap into a feature film. I have experience writing my own scripts but mostly short stories. I would like to work with someone ideally, interested in collaborating together as a team. The bond between a writer and director is a sacred one. I would like to find some that fits my filmmaking style and isn't afraid to take risks. I have a production crew already together as well, most of them I have known from film school, I just need to find the perfect script to produce and direct. I also have an investor that will finance the film. I am in the process of submitting one short film I have directed to festivals now, and starting pre production on another short in September. I would love to build a relationship with a writer in the meantime and start working on a script. Please message me if you are interested. Thank you for your time and reading this.

To check out my past work/ reel:

biancacollins.net

If you are looking to get a writer to write an original feature length, it may cost a little bit of cash.

Think about it like this, writers tend to spend months or years developing feature length scripts to completion. Do you really want to pay for that amount of time for a fresh script? And, you are probably going to base it on your own story... So the writer has no passion for it. It's not their story to tell.

Judging from your post you've only written short stuff so far? So choosing to write a feature would be a great next challenge for you. You might actually have better luck already having written the 1st draft, and then asking a writer to help reformat. That's how I was able to find someone to help me collab. I already had a short script written, and found a writer who was willing to rewrite it better. We send each other scripts, and advice all the time now. But fresh collab is going to be hard. I think its because the writer has no base to launch from except your word and dreams, which is really hard to do.

If you are looking for scripts that are already written, try simplyscript or similar sites that have a database. They are good sources too.

Hope this helps you get some ideas. Also, hope you find someone to help you with what you are looking for. Not saying it isn't possible, just to be clear, but also trying to give you a personal take on the subject.

If you are looking to get a writer to write an original feature length, it may cost a little bit of cash.

Think about it like this, writers tend to spend months or years developing feature length scripts to completion. Do you really want to pay for that amount of time for a fresh script? And, you are probably going to base it on your own story... So the writer has no passion for it. It's not their story to tell.

Judging from your post you've only written short stuff so far? So choosing to write a feature would be a great next challenge for you. You might actually have better luck already having written the 1st draft, and then asking a writer to help reformat. That's how I was able to find someone to help me collab. I already had a short script written, and found a writer who was willing to rewrite it better. We send each other scripts, and advice all the time now. But fresh collab is going to be hard. I think its because the writer has no base to launch from except your word and dreams, which is really hard to do.

If you are looking for scripts that are already written, try simplyscript or similar sites that have a database. They are good sources too.

Hope this helps you get some ideas. Also, hope you find someone to help you with what you are looking for. Not saying it isn't possible, just to be clear, but also trying to give you a personal take on the subject.
Hello CamBlamo,

I hope you are well. To answer your question, I am looking to work with a writer 50/50 on a script based on a story concept I have already, not looking to buy one. Thank you for your input and advice. I appreciate it.

Back