LOOKING FOR PRODUCER!!!

If you have money, I recommend film school or interactive DVD or video film school to have a basic understanding of what you are getting into before hand.

Learn about a shooting schedule and budget. A shot list and storyboards,.as well as basic lighting.

Even learn some basic editing.

I do want to hear what you have to say. I see your point. I made the website so that I could add info as I go along. I thought I listed what I was looking for in a producer before. Did you read that post? Im just trying to get the ball rolling but I dont know what steps to take in the process.

Instead of making us go searching through all your posts, just repeat yourself here. If you answer these questions, we will do our best to help you.

What responsibilities do you want the producer to have? Find money? Find locations? Find actors? Hire crew?
Where are you, geographically-speaking, going to be shooting the film? Are you in New York? London? LA? This makes a difference for obvious reasons.
What day do you start shooting and how many days/weeks is the shoot. (and on a related note, how long is your screenplay and have you scheduled/budgeted it yet or do you expect the producer to do that?)
Are you paying or are you looking for someone pro-bono.

Like I said, just give direct answers to those questions and we will do our best to help you.

I can recommend web sites to find cast and crew. But, where to start after your script is written is with a shooting schedule and budget.

You really need experience before you go into a production because there are vultures in this business who will rob you blind and try to get you to spend money you don't have.

Even with the food budget you can only spend what is in your budget. I had to put a crew guy in his place with a taste for steak houses and lobster houses and an actor who wanted me to treat 20 people to a diner.

I recommend you invest in the action cut film making series before you go any further.

The internet is not supposed to be a quest for information when someone posts a call for help.
It's supposed to make it accessable.
(Imagine you are drowning and all you post on internet is 'help!'. (This is a smartphone era ;) ) I doubt anyone will look in the water...)
From this point of view you score poorly on the usability scale.
Instead of appealing to people to read and help you or connect you, you play hide and seek and scare people away. (The good news is: you can change that.)

Besides that, check your spelling.
English is not my native language: it's not even a language I have to speak.
So, I know I make mistakes.
From your location I'd say you should know that 'If your producer...' is not the same as 'If you're a producer'.
This may sound harsh, but bad spelling, grammar or syntax doesn't help your credibilty.
(I'm not saying you're not credible, I'm saying you have to think about what you are communicating (between or just in the lines).

It's like applying for a job: the letter has to be (near) perfect.

1 Well it's easy to project when you don't know the person. 2 The website is there for future purposes,not exactly to attract people. I'm new to all of this. 3 Instead of telling me that your not impressed why don't you help connect me to someone. Maybe give some constructive advice. I'm looking for "HELP" so that this film can become a reality that's it. I'm not in this for money but I surely wouldn't push it away. I don't want anyone to do all the work for me if that's what you think. I just know that strength stronger in numbers. 4 Basically I just need a crew.

1) Projection is caused by lack of information.
If you don't provide info, the mind tries to piece it together.
2) Your website is now indeed doing that: not attracting people.
3) Why would anyone connect you to someone, when that same person doesn't know what you want (or when he/she isn't impressed)?

4) Ah! You need a crew?
You didn't communicate that very clear earlier, did you? ;)

Next time:
When you post a casting/crew call: write a description of what he/she needs to do.
If you insist using a link to your website: link to a page with that info.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PS.
I sound a bit harsh and cruel now, but I try to let you see how previous reactions are caused by your own resistance. This way you are creating barriers, instead of breaking them.

PPS.
You should say/write what your sources and inspirations are for the script.
(Most will guess it's the Bible, but it could also be Paradise Lost, William Blake's The Marriage between Heaven & Hell or even the movie The Prophecy.)

PPPS.
End of this PR-help-session. ;)

Thanks for everyone's input. It's helping me a lot. I'm gonna make some changes and see what happens.

pulling-hair.gif

so, just for fun, I looked at your site.

so here ya go. You wanted feed back, here it is.
You aren't not going to like this, but... SPEND SOME MONEY.

Get a web designer and rework the site to sell your film. Right now it's boring as , well, shall we say hell...

If you cannot draw, then get someone to draw some story boards, and some renderings from what will be the film. Create an interesting and intriguing couple of Film Posters and put them up on the site.

Write a decent synopsis with some excitement. This is a WAR drama... Good and Evil... It must have some smidgin of excitement in it... ...oh, and add a log line.

Where is your research about films of the same genre.. Where is your project plan? Where is your executive summary? Where is your basic budget estimate? Where are you character breakdowns?
Hire a Line Producer to spend a few days with you roughing out the budget, and the plan.

If you are trying to land a Producer, hire one for God's sake...

If you are looking for crew, then make the film at least SOUND interesting.

Definitely get your script reviewed by a professional screenwriter... Hire a ghost writer to help you. If the script is as dry as the site, it's never gonna fly.

Any way... I'm being brutal, because being nice isn't going to help you in the long run.

Bottom line if you don't believe in your project enough to spend some money putting together some decent marketing, no one else is going to believe in it either.

cheers
geo

It sounds like you're running before you can even crawl here man.

I know you want to make a movie, but it's not that simple, and I know you're going to say "I know that" but I don't think you truly do until you actually make you're first film.

As in Produce, Direct, Edit etc.

I don't know what you want from your producer - but if one of their jobs is to raise funds for your project that's going to be extremely hard if they've got nothing to back up their words besides "Hey I've got this awesome script!"

Everyone and their grandmothers wants to be a filmmaker, you have to find a way to make yourself stand out if you want people to get excited about your film. And just pointing people to different parts of your website isn't really helpful.

So please. Just tell us the following so we can help you.

1. What do you want your producer to do.

2. Where are you filming this movie?

3. Do you know where you want this movie to be shown at?

4. How much do you think this film will cost?

5. When is your desired deadline?

6. What does this producer get in return for their help on your film?

And please don't tell us this info is on your website or that you've posted it before. I've looked at your site-I've found close to no helpful information, and I don't want to crawl through this forum as I have other things to do.

Back