• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Listen : Story of a man who just want others to listen.

Well, you've got some good positives to work with. Overrall, I think your shot selection was rather nice. My main problem is with the narrative. It's slightly confusing. When I lose my keys, the beach isn't exactly the first place I look. Also, I think this short relies way too heavily on narration. For your next short, I would focus more on showing, not telling.

Nice work, and best of luck.

Well, you've got some good positives to work with. Overrall, I think your shot selection was rather nice. My main problem is with the narrative. It's slightly confusing. When I lose my keys, the beach isn't exactly the first place I look. Also, I think this short relies way too heavily on narration. For your next short, I would focus more on showing, not telling.

Nice work, and best of luck.
Thanks Cracker Funk for the comment and advice
I did rely a lot on narration for this film as I wanted everybody to know what he was thinking.

I have already started working on a no dialogue short film. As you said this is more on showing and less telling.

The only thing I saw he had to say was. He's going to kill himself and wont stop til he does.??.....The sound wasn't that good. I realize everything was voice over or dubbed but it was distracting. The beginning was very nice but it went down hill from there. I agree with Cracker, don't rely so much on narration. SHow it to us. Make us feel it.

I didn't mind the narration/VO at all. (I also liked the VO version of Blade Runner, so whatever ;))

The subtitles were very distracting, though. English audio with English subtitles? :huh:

I've noticed that video from your part of the world looks very washed out & faded, btw. Why is that? There's a similar look in a recent Indian flick here somewhere; the one where water is banned. Very faded.

I've noticed that video from your part of the world looks very washed out & faded, btw. Why is that? There's a similar look in a recent Indian flick here somewhere; the one where water is banned. Very faded.

I need to get the set of Bladerunner with all the versions. I only have the directors cut(no VO).

You're right about the washed out color.

Back