• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Lets Create Something!!!

So I want to know who wants to help me develop an idea for a web series. We should all collaborate and come up with one central idea incorporating all of our thoughts. So what if we started out the story by, using a guy who got into a car crash, and BAM we see the white lights, and you see him in his everyday life as he would be normally. But in reality, he is in a coma and having a series of dreams that aren't allowing him to come out of the coma, but we as the audience won't know that until the very end, when he dies. Any thoughts?

I'm in!

There have been a couple of other attempts here that haven't
worked out. But I believe with the right leadership and vision
it could happen.

What can I do ti help?

dont want to re create vanilla sky

Ha ha got you, well lets think of something else then. It doesn't have to be that concept exactly, I caught on to your sarcasm about Vanilla Sky, do you have any suggestions? I'd love to hear them and your right with the right leadership and vision we could create something. I have the connections, and a place to go with it once we come up with it so thats not the hard part. We will need something solid, it can be done before, but we can take bits and pieces from other things to create our own. Maybe he envisions himself in a coma but actually has Schizophrenia.

I don't have any story or script suggestions, but if you want to take
the leardership role and push this idea forward, I'm willing to help in
anyway that you need.

I've always wanted to be a part of something like this. But none have
every gotten past a few messageboard posts. I am SO ready to help
it happen.

OK, how about this... a series of stories that all take place in different rooms of the same apartment/hotel/trailerpark... each person comes up with their own apartment-based drama/comedy/horror/etc and writes out a 5-10 minute screenplay, and then a head writer takes all the scripts and creates segues between the stories (aka, in one horror script, the THUMP of the person being killed is heard in the next apartment) so that the final shorts can be cut up into one feature.
Then, everyone films their segments, puts them online on one site, and then one editor/director takes all of the stories, shoots their own segments about a bell-hop/rat/hall-dweller/private investigator to tie everything together... by the end of it, you have a feature film that's actually an international anthology of shorts.

Back