• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch LAST FLOWERS - SHORT FILM

hullo spankydoes

we are just starting to get accepted into festivals and screenings etc
it will be everywhere as soon as i can. we update this: http:///www.fortyfps.com as soon as things occur, so please feel free to check in from time to time (we have our first screening date up as we speak, but i assume you are nowhere near vancouver)

thanks for the kind words/checking it out

cjw

thanks! we just finished the poster for it, should you wish to see it:

lfwebposter.jpg

Great trailer. Great Poster. And cool beans having a quote from PTA on there! You've won me over, but that's real easy when you have elliott smith playing in your trailer. Best of luck.

That looks really nice. Hey this is the 'Indie' film forums...you're going to have to take this to another board...sorry...

No, I'm kidding. Wow. Great stuff there! Beautifully captured...and the performances look stellar.

Where was this cast and shot?

i knew joe from a previous project, and knew sarah vaguely, rikki was in a feature film i acted in and did all the post production on that my gf and her twin made called "dead hooker in a trunk" (http://www.deadhookerinatrunk.com),

everyone else was found in toronto
it was also shot there!

thank you for the great responses
once we have screened in (x) amount of the festivals we have coming up, we will put it up online

as mentioned, check http://www.fortyfps.com, we update it frequently

cjw

That really looks phenomenal. All the lighting and focus looked incredibly professional. I'm a little jealous. What did you use for lighting?

Nooo...there is a password???? For the second part...I NEED to know what that is. I am SO into this right now. Now I actually have to go back to watching normal television...after I've seen THIS? Oh life...

No really. I need to see how this ends. This is so beautifully filmed...so wonderfully acted...I love it. I'm inspired. Why can't all film...indie or not...be filmed with this skill, this passion, this vision. I don't mean to whore this short out...but I love it so.

Great work. Such skill, such vision. I'm going to hound you until I cant work with this director, cast and crew. :)

Cheers.

Wow. I had a lot to drink last night and I was obviously in a good mood when I posted the above fan letter. With that said, I still feel that same way about the film though. :)

Wow. I had a lot to drink last night and I was obviously in a good mood when I posted the above fan letter. With that said, I still feel that same way about the film though. :)
You should drunk post more often. I love drunk posts! :beer:

You should drunk post more often. I love drunk posts! :beer:

Doh! :) It happens to the best of us. As long as they are positive and understandable, I enjoy reading them too...

Anywho. Back on track. I saw the rest of LF, and I don't know what to say. It had me emotionally dipping all over the place. So well filmed, powerful...aside from all the technical kudozing I already did, I thought the second part was fabulous.
The big shift halfway through the movie had my jaw hanging in surprise...I was totally taken by surprise. I was utterly crushed.

I love how good films can be still...they can allow shots to linger, without feeling like they need to cut all over the place, or add some unneeded action. Sometimes a great piece of music and a crawling dolly can be so powerful...this film allows for a stillness that I adore--and Joseph May's portrayal of the character lends itself perfectly to this story.

I recommend you guys check out CJ's Vimeo page. He has some very entertaining and inspirational flicks. One in particular is CIRCUMFERENCE--another beautifully shot, written, and acted short. http://vimeo.com/5148021

I can definitely see this director and ensemble making it far in this biz.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back