Labyrinth

This is a project that has had Over 100 demos and posts over the years, and is now going into production. Its one of three products slated for release using the Save Point hybrid CG/AI pipeline.

In all previous articles I've been discussing the technology, design, and art of the project. And this blog I'll instead be showing the final product as it develops. I'll still post significant milestones independently for feedback, But this seems like a good time to have a central blog that explains and showcases the project.

For those unacquainted with the project the core concept is actually fairly simple.

1. It's an interactive film available for free on youtube.
2. It's a vast labyrinth that's very difficult to solve.
3. It has a story and many potential challenges, but focuses around finding a path to a distant tower at the center of a surrealistic multiverse of interconnected worlds.
4. The labyrinth shifts each time it is reset, with many portals leading to different locations than they had previously.
5. Each time the labyrinth is reset, the first player to reach the end is awarded a cash prize.
6. Both the labyrinth and the prize will start small, and increase in size as the audience grows.
7. There is no randomness or chance involved. The tower is hidden somewhere within the labyrinth and the first person to find the correct path will locate it.

The story is as follows, minus spoilers.

The cat awakens in a strange and unfamiliar world, and discovers that its collar is missing. It encounters a strange oracle which tells it that its collar and the way back to its home is located In a great tower at the center of the world. The Oracle gives the cat cryptic directions to reach this tower, and the cat sets off on its grand adventure to find its way back home, aware that it must avoid all humans until it finds its collar for fear of being captured and imprisoned. The longer story centers around the cat coming to understand what the world around him actually is, using that knowledge to reach the center of the labyrinth, and eventually his home.

This blog will basically serve as a labyrinth wiki, allowing newcomers to quickly understand the project. The first release of the labyrinth is slated for early 2025.

ComfyUI_29788_.png

Last edited:
Back