JUst watched Transformers 2 revenge of the fallen

Well the visual effects were even better than the first one and thats saying something, some parts were very humorous and made the packed audience laugh their heads off and the set pieces some of the most epic i've ever seen although did get a bit of a headache sitting near the front row. Anyway great film i'm not going to spoil although I didn't go for the story i just wanted to see the amazing CG and action although there were lots of funny dialogue. Haven't seen terminator 4 yet but this looks to be one of the films of the year. By the way has anyone heard of avatar as my friend keeps on going about it, how its going to be the biggest film ever and how it has a budget of $350,000,000 and is the top secret project that spielburg and cameron have been working on for several years now and that the CGI is 8 years in advance. Sound good...

I heard from some guys at school that Transformers 2 had a terrible story. I told them it didn't matter, if it was Michael Bay then its going to be choc full of special effects. The trailer looks amazing and I loved the first movie so I can't wait, I'm glad to finally hear a good review :D

and I did hear they were filming it but I had no idea it had to do with spielburg or cameron of that it costs that much :s weird.

has anyone heard of avatar as my friend keeps on going about it, how its going to be the biggest film ever and how it has a budget of $350,000,000 and is the top secret project that spielburg and cameron have been working on for several years now and that the CGI is 8 years in advance. Sound good...

Avatar is one of the most anticipated movies that noone seems to know anything about.

I suspect marketing ploy. (A very successful one, apparently)

I have not seen Transformers yet, but I plan to very soon.

I was looking up some films on IMDB yesterday when I came across some information stating Transformers 3 in currently in development, I believe with Spielberg as the Producer.

To be honest the story in Transformers 2 was never going to completely amaze me and the story was pretty much summed up in the first film, although its well worth watching for the humour and epic special effects

Avatar is one of the most anticipated movies that noone seems to know anything about.

I suspect marketing ploy. (A very successful one, apparently)

I'm amazed that AVATAR has had no trailer out since it releases this Xmas....Spielberg has no involvement in James Cameron's AVATAR, but it will be a 3D movie with serious advancements in the technology and style of 3D presentation, not just animation. Supposedly this film will be the game changer of the next 100 years of cinema.

So the film is based on the animated TV series?
Thats a MASSIVE call about changing the next 100 years of cinema. I guess they must have a ridiculously good viral campaign already in action if people are anticipating it like this!

AVATAR is going to be amazing, no matter what. I've read reviewers saying that watching scenes was like actually being on the alien planet.

I'm curious about what this new 3-D is going to be like or implemented. I've enjoyed the brief novelty, at Disneyland with CAPTAIN E O and HONEY I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE, but for features, I don't care for 3-D and I imagine that one eyed people are going to be pissed. I really hope that it doesn't take off. I would much prefer holographic projection and not having to wear glasses.

AVATAR is going to be amazing, no matter what. I've read reviewers saying that watching scenes was like actually being on the alien planet.

I'm curious about what this new 3-D is going to be like or implemented. I've enjoyed the brief novelty, at Disneyland with CAPTAIN E O and HONEY I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE, but for features, I don't care for 3-D and I imagine that one eyed people are going to be pissed. I really hope that it doesn't take off. I would much prefer holographic projection and not having to wear glasses.

Yeah me too. I read an article that the dreamworks CEO demanded that every movie they make now is in 3D. I don't think it makes movies better. It makes them interesting visually but it doesn't help storylines, acting or anything. sometimes its just plain distracting.

That said, I thought My Bloody Valentine was great because it combined the 3D with ridiculous gore, but I mean it had nothing else going for it.

The studios and multiplexes are trying to find ways to compete with home theaters and surround sound and Blu Ray HD viewing on your couch. Even though movies are still profitable, they do NOT sell as many tickets as they used to, they just cost more. How do you get people to want to see a movie in the theater again? Something innovative that can't be replicated at home - so some new form of 3D viewing is the first attempt to change cinema again.

How do you get people to want to see a movie in the theater again? Something innovative that can't be replicated at home - so some new form of 3D viewing is the first attempt to change cinema again.

They tried that in the 1950's and we saw how that went. Sensoround and Smellivision were fads, too. The new 3-D fad may actually backfire, as a lot of people like myself have memories of it getting in the way of the movie. I've seen it on a few on IMAX screens and that was enough! For me, 3-D is a headache.

I think Holographic layers are the future of theater shows, simply because there would be no focus or one eyed issues , but I wouldn't expect to see that for 30 years.

As for getting people to come to the theaters, again - they need to drop the fricken prices by at least half!!!!!!! Concessions too! Quit turning a good thing into a giant rip-off. Honestly, people like to go out, whether it be on a date or social outing. It's not because people don't want to go. I have a family of 5. After we fork out 60-70 bucks for a movie and snacks, we've had our outing for a month or two. With more theaters dropping expensive prints and going digital, the prices should be going down, instead of up.

Last edited:
There's still something definitely special about getting up and going to see a film in the cinema's.
Its good for dates with boring girls too! You don't have to talk to each other! woo!

So the film is based on the animated TV series?

no, that avatar has nothing to do with this avatar.... there is a movie coming out for the tv series... it's called "the last airbender" and is being directed by m. night shyamalan.... this avatar is a completely new propterty of cameron's...

I'm going to see it tonight! Ah I'm so excited I love Michael Bay films, ridiculous amounts of special effects and hot babes.

Ha ha! That review is pretty spot on. :lol:

Took the kids to see it, today. Crowds were huge. 2:30p show was sold out, so we got in to the next one. When we came out, the lines were long.

I was expecting a Michael Bay film, so I liked it. I thought it had too much Transformer action, at the expense of the human characters. It got to the point during some fast action that I couldn't tell who was fighting who, be it Megatron or another Decepticon that looked like Megatron.

My favorite part was the sound effects and score. Very cool sound design. The effects, including a sinking aircraft carrier were breathtaking. Utterly incredible visuals.

SPOILER!!!!!!

Interesting to note that TERMINATOR: SALVATION and TRANSFORMERS 2 were well aware of each other. TERMINATOR had a giant Harvester robot that looked like a Transformer. On the flipside, TRANSFORMERS had a female Terminator!!

Does anyone else see a slight plot resembelance... Transformers rise of the fallen.... Star Wars revenge of the Sith....... could it just be star wars with robots?

I liked it btw... Speilburg has definatly got somthing (I know he was only executive producer - but its got his style)

Back