• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Just finished my first feature

Hey guys! New member here

I just finished my first feature and I’ve submitted to a few festivals. I’m not really sure what my next steps are, hopefully find distribution? I was wondering if anyone here has some insight or guidance for me to get my film seen :)

I have a trailer out, do you guys think it’s any good?

Hi and welcome!

First off I've never even made a feature film, just short films, so that's awesome you've finished such an enormous undertaking.
Congratuations on that! IDK if I will ever do what you've done.

I did have a few thoughts when i watched the trailer.
opening with blood dripping on the sink was a little gross for me, specifically as an opening shot
I think too many of the shots in the trailer were the same framing, of different people talking, the trailer would benefit from more variety of shots, some more diverse compositions i think.

And lastly.. idk who did the muzzle flashes, was you it personally? some of them are REALLY off.
I took a screen grab to show you what im talking about, the muzzle flash is like.. behind the gun and above it. thats not where it should be.

Last edited:
Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment!

I use Film Hub to distribute my 2 features and have been happy with them. They DO have specific technical standards that your movie has to meet and assets that you need to provide but DON'T judge it on an artistic basis. There's no fee to be on it.

The best way to describe FilmHub is a cafeteria: they present (on an ongoing basis) an array of movies to companies that range from small ones that you've never heard through mid-sized streamers like TubiTV up to Apple TV and Hulu. The streamers pick what they want and FilmHub delivers the assets. The streamers pay them and they pay you after their 20% cut.

Your movie looks pretty good! I did a quick search and found that it is already being distributed on a few streaming services like Plex, Binged, and Moviezflixz.

a couple hours later.....

I tried to watch your movie on Plex and Binged. Strange. There is a page advertising the movie but it is not available for viewing...I don't get it. So why is it there on these streaming sites if you can't watch it?

Anyway, it looks like a good movie. Let us know when and where we can see it.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Take it to the film markets - as opposed to film festivals - like the American Film Market (AFM), Cannes, and the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and sell it. I have been to the AFM and TIFF, but I don't know how the sales are actually made, though I've seen many rooms booked by the film companies. I would suggest getting an entertainment law firm to help you with this.

Good luck!

Congratulations of finishing a feature. I know how much work it is. Quite the marathon.

I'll be glad to critique it if you want, just give me an idea of how brutal you want the criticism to be. I have difficulty gauging what to say when someone just finishes a feature, especially their first. It's like when a new dad comes out of the operating room with a baby, and asks you "is there anything wrong with it?" Even if that baby has 3 eyes and the mark of the beast on it's forehead, you still just want to say only nice things, knowing the ordeal that person went through leading up to that moment.

Yeah people want to be told they're the greatest director since tarantino but the reality is that other filmmakers are the harshest critics on the planet and shouldn't be your primary target audience. It's not important if we love it more than gandalf loves longbottom leaf, what's important is how your target demographic feels.

Back