It's a Wrrrrapppp!!!!!!

Wow. One professional videographer, two cameras, three shotlists, four, professional actors (doing stuff for food), five locations, six extras, seven crew and it's a wrap. All I need is my editor to do the business and life will be good.

I'm going to open the champagne tomorrow - well, lemonade as I want to hit the gym and now to sort out all the footage. Some of the footage won't be in until the 7th November but c'est la vie - I'll just have to wait.

Holy cow, I feel... exhausted, washed out and nervous. 'Nervous' because now we will find out if we can bring together the footage and hope it's OK. The editor thinks that although this is a weird short (erm, 'artistic,') that it will be OK. Not amazing as we made too many mistakes - the kind of mistakes we could only discover on the set shooting - but it should be OK if it is comprehensible enough.

And naturally, the next short is written, ready to go and we need to get it going...

Wow. One professional videographer, two cameras, three shotlists, four, professional actors (doing stuff for food), five locations, six extras, seven crew and

And a Partridge in a pear tree.......

Congrats!!! Now comes puzzle time - putting all the pieces into some semblance of order. Then you start honing it down to essentials.

Congrats!

Thank you to everyone. I feel my cherry has almost been popped as now we need to edit. Bizarrely, a world famous institution, purely based on the screenplay, has asked us if we would like to put a link on their Facebook page... I wanted to hug the dude...

From the footage we have, I believe we will have an OKish short but nothing that would merit the attentions of a world class institution. I signed an agreement stating I could not mention their name in the short but if the Facebook thing materialises then hopefully, the gloves will be off.

However, I am simultaneously working on shorts two and three. Number two has been written, locations scouted, half the cast assembled and we are working through a lot of the detail. There is a vast amount to work through. Number three is being written and will pose some serious logistical issues.

Super cool! Welcome to the club :) The fridge is on the right up the ladder and is constantly stocked with slightly bitter coffee and packaged cheese crackers left over from the craft tables at all the member's shoots.

I hope your short turns out better than you expect it to... remember, NOW is when you start crafting your film - the rest is just making the bits and pieces you'll be editing -- editing is cinema, and creative editing can correct ALOT of problems. I once saw an interview with Tom Cruise who stated that it was the editor who makes him look good in his performances.

Super cool! Welcome to the club :) The fridge is on the right up the ladder and is constantly stocked with slightly bitter coffee and packaged cheese crackers left over from the craft tables at all the member's shoots.

I hope your short turns out better than you expect it to... remember, NOW is when you start crafting your film - the rest is just making the bits and pieces you'll be editing -- editing is cinema, and creative editing can correct ALOT of problems. I once saw an interview with Tom Cruise who stated that it was the editor who makes him look good in his performances.

The one thing I made sure of before shooting is having a superstar editor. Never leave home without one...

He was part of the whole process from A to z. Everything was shot with editing in mind. However, there is a major issue with a small part and it would take a miracle worker to save it.

It's no biggie as we expected the first to be poor. It's the second, third etc... which I'm interested in.

But thanks to everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing the rough cut, even though I know there are major problems. I'm excited!

Last edited:
Back