ITOOFC #3 Awards

PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARD

Well everyone knows by now that our resident Kiwi, Zensteve with his film "Of Consequence" is the recipient of the "People's Choice" award. For being the ITOOFC #3 entry with the most votes in the popular poll, Zen has won a 6 Month subscription to IndieTalk.com at Premiere Plus level and a copy of Syd Field's Screenwriting Workshop (DVD).

Congrats on being chosen by your peers as having the best film in the competition, Zen!

Now on to the awards you don't know about yet...

JUDGE'S AWARD

It was a close race, and all the entrants should feel very good about their showing.

In the end, HailtotheKing with his film "I Will Never Be Homeless" pulled out the victory. For recieving the highest combined Judge's Score, Hail has won 12 Month subscription to IndieTalk.com at Premiere Plus level and a copy of "The Ultimate Film Festival Survival Guide" by Chris Gore.

Congrats to Hail for being chosen by the judges as having the most exemplary film in the comp.

BEST SCORE

And "I'll Never Be Homeless" wins another one. Composer Rich Douglas has won a 6 Month subscription to IndieTalk.com at Premiere Plus level and a copy of "From Score To Screen: Sequencers, Scores, And Second Thoughts : The New Film Scoring Process" by Sonny Kompanek for his outstanding score.

Congrats to you, Rich.

And of course, everyone who entered will recieve a free DVD copy of Hail's ode to the crime noir classics of yesteryear, "NightBeat."
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks to cibao, dament, HailtotheKing, Spatula, SPaulovich, the guys from Bophe, and Zensteve for taking the time to enter your work. Thanks to Will Vincent, CommanderGoat, and Rick for helping me judge the contest entries. And special thanks to Indie Talk for providing the forum space for the comp. It was an excellent competition for sure. Plans are in the works for the ITOOFC #4...more details later.

Poke

Poke

Last edited:
Huzzah!

Congratulations, Cohen and all the rest of the gang at PhillipsFilms! :cool:

You got me this time... and I would have gotten away with too, were it not for those meddling kids.

Awesome entries all around, with Mr HailToTheKing truly deserving that title. :yes:

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

_______

Oh no! I just remembered what I said I would do if I lost this...
smiley_ninja.gif

This is fantastic, I dont know what to say. I'm glad that you all liked my score so much, it was a treat to do. Thanks for the opportunity Cohen, I look forward to scoring the rest of your nightbeat films! Also, I know some of you wanted to be able to download the score I did for homeless, It and some more cues Ive done for various game and film projects can be found on my webpage: http://www.richdouglas.com/music.htm, you can find the Homeless score in the Epic / Dramatic section. Thank you everyone!

Rich

Awesome tunage, good Rich! :cool:

I heard a rumour that winning composer had to do a score for the winner of the Popular Vote category, after it had been re-cut...
smiley_coy.gif

Looking forward to checking out the rest of your tracks on your website. "Homeless" was simply brilliant.

Wow...I'm truly honored to have won this award. I'm kinda speechless at this point. All I can say is thank you all very much. I'm glad you enjoyed the film so much and got the message we were putting forth. When I had the idea to do the project I thought it might be controversial, but I can tell now that people are just seeing it for what it is. Many thanks go out to all the people who helped me make the short! Also to everyone who entered the contest, thanks to you guys for inspiring everyone to get up and JUST DO IT!

Congrats to RD for his great and award-winning score! This guy is the best at what he does. I'm so lucky to have him apart of my team. :)

P.S. Poke are any fancy graphics coming for the winners to display on there sites/sigs? Just wondering.

Congrats to all and thanks for making it difficult to judge. No really, thanks! It was very very hard to pick one clear cut winner. I think the major difficulty had to do with the many genres that were entered. I vote for the next competition to have one category.

Indeed, must have been difficult for the fine Judges without a theme to focus on.

Hefty :cheers: for all the time they put in, analysing each film and looking athe various pieces that make up the whole.

Judges rock!
smiley_rock.gif

Congrats to the winners!
Big thanks to the judges and mods!
Humble, esteemed bowing to indietalk!!

Let's have ourselves another one day! I haven't had this much fun since I worked in the octopus packaging factory!!! :wink:

Congradulations, Zensteve, Cohen and team, and Rich Douglas. Well done and well deserved.

I look forward to see what you all will do in round#4. :)

Definitely. I'm so happy to see the support our little fest has! Congrats to HTTK, Rich Douglas, and Zen for winning, and all those who entered. Also thanks to Poke, Goat, Will, and Rick for judging. See ya guys next round!

Back