Introduction

I am an emerging video artist/filmmaker and am enthralled with the level of expertise and willingness to help I have been seeing on this forum. The page after page list of threads from newbies is astounding.

I have made one experimental video using stills/voiceover/stock music/sound which screened at three festivals in the last 1 1/2 years. Second video using stock/found/appropriated footage is being shopped to festivals now. Both 5-6 minute shorts.

Will go to the newbies area and ask some equipment questions, but thanks to whoever runs this ship.

I am an emerging video artist/filmmaker and am enthralled with the level of expertise and willingness to help I have been seeing on this forum. The page after page list of threads from newbies is astounding.

I have made one experimental video using stills/voiceover/stock music/sound which screened at three festivals in the last 1 1/2 years. Second video using stock/found/appropriated footage is being shopped to festivals now. Both 5-6 minute shorts.

Will go to the newbies area and ask some equipment questions, but thanks to whoever runs this ship.

I've never done the film festival thing but sounds cool. Maybe one day!

Thanks for the welcomes. Reading this forum is like drinking from a firehose.

I guess "writers and filmmakers" sees a distinction between what I have done and making a movie. While I did not shoot any footage for those two shorts I did write a script, record voiceovers (in two languages), edit stills and footage into narratives, find and edit music and sound effects, submit to dozens of festivals, get Official Selections on three continents, and do a director's Q and A at one of them. Oh, and I learned a hell of a lot doing so on a budget of less than $100 per short.

I hope to learn a hell of a lot more, some by reading posts here, but mostly by shooting footage for my own films.

Back