Inside the body

Have any of you heard or have seen Bodyworlds?

I would HIGHLY reccomend that you go. You'll never be able to experience the human body like this. It is the most amazing thing I've ever seen.

Check out http://www.bodyworlds.com

It will be in Toronto and Philly next.

If it's available.. get the recorded information. Here in Chicago, at the Museum of Science and Industry, they had an ear piece which you type a code and it tells you about the certain thing you are looking at. I learned a lot.

It's WELL WORTH the drive, the cost, and the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those exhibitions have been pretty contraversial in some areas... the most recent legal scuffle was over the source of the cadavers used.

Everyone who's seen it has had amazing things to say about the shows...

...not that you'll catch me within 100 yards of a dead body, though.

I'm chicken.
smiley_chocobo.gif

Zensteve said:
he most recent legal scuffle was over the source of the cadavers used.

They should all be donated. The last news story I saw on Bodyworlds said that patrons can sign up at the exhibit if they want to donate their body, and they could even suggest poses. What was the legal scuffle?

I'll see if I can find the article.

It was how one state's AG wanted to stop an exhibit from starting, based on some of the cadavers having come from China without a full papertrail showing consent.

Zensteve said:
It was how one state's AG wanted to stop an exhibit from starting, based on some of the cadavers having come from China without a full papertrail showing consent.

Figures our government would have a problem with Communist cadavers.....oh wait....I forgot....we can't be political here.

From my understanding... almost all of the bodies and the plastination was done in China. Most of the lungs were black with ciggarette tar. There is a very high percentage of people in China that smoke. It was very interresting to say the least.

Nice article Zen....BTW

I have to say I would loooove to see this exhibition. If it wasn't for the fact I live in Australia I would have been already.

I might check out the Toronto show... might be hard to drag the old lady out though..

"Hey! You wanna go see some dead bodies?"

Back