Inexpensive Tripod?

Hey Everyone,
I understand that a good film maker tripod that's "inexpensive" can be 100-200 dollars. At the moment I need a decently stable tripod with basic functions, nothing fancy. Does anyone know any tripods under $50 that would at least get the job done? (It's mostly for when I'm recording a lesson or something for my channel, I don't have to rearrange my music studio to place the camera). I bought one today at Best Buy for 30 bucks, got home, and it was a complete piece of crap, It barely stood up, needless to say I returned it.

Any starter/decent tripods in my price range you could suggest? Thank you so much!

At $30 to $50 you're extremely limited in choices, unless you happen to randomly stumble across a great deal... which won't be at a retail store.

I need a decently stable tripod with basic functions

What exactly is "basic functions"? Hold the camera & not wobble?

If you intend to do any panning with the tripod, you need to look for one with a fluid-head. This helps reduce the jerky motion you often get on cheap tripods. Manfrotto is owned by Bogen, I think... a cheaper brand of the same quality product. If you can get $100 together you'll be able to find something decent (used), for sure. Actually, my Manfrotto was $70 new on a closeout, at my local camera shop. Lucked out on that, but it happens.

At about $180 you can get into lo-end sticks, which is a great step up. That's coming up soon on my own shopping list.

Go visit your local camera store. Not the nearest big-box.

Hey everyone,
I ended up buying the Dynex DX-TRP60 at Best Buy for 40 bucks. Working out really well, it seems to be built well.

Good snag! :)

I picked up a Primus tripod at a pawn shop for 20 bucks a few years ago-it was used obviously, but has worked good for me as a "cheap" alternative.

Quality affordable tripods can be had, just have to scour :)

Hey everyone,
I ended up buying the Dynex DX-TRP60 at Best Buy for 40 bucks. Working out really well, it seems to be built well.

I picked up that same tripod from best buy about a month ago. Its not the best when panning but if you have a steady hand you can get the job done quite nice. Probably the best you can get on the budget we had lol.

Back