Indietalk Webinar

I have been thinking for a while that it would be cool to have some webinars on Film Making. Maybe invite a guest to interview for each month and have the audience ask questions or add advice. Then the site could archive video of the webinar via youtube or transcribe it on text for the forum.

Anyways my first thought for a guest was a script writer person I know. But I could ask other people I know form my Film Maker Network. I know a DP that could maybe be a good guest. Or maybe some of you from Indietalk would want to be guests or the host of Webinars. Anyways this is an idea to make things more interactive on the forum.

Last edited:
Ok I started a test show on a site. Here is a call in number for the first test show.

GUEST CALL-IN
(646) 716-5193

It should alow me to talk to guest and you guys to listen in. Then record the file to archive later use.

So if you are up call in at 2:00 or sooner if you want. I will call in as the host now. Click on the link if you want to listen in at 2am.

I figure this is just a test run so we can just talk stories or about film if you want for this first one.

Ok any of you guys going to call in?

I'm broadcasting live on the air! Listen in now at http://tobtr.com/s/2805511. #BlogTalkRadio

I set it up to chat too. Not sure if you have to register to chat yet.

Last edited:
Well I did the test and one person showed up. Better than nothing. Anyways, next time I will try to give plenty of time for people to know about the show and have a guest lined up. The chat worked. It also recorded the episode and left it in archive. So this platform could work the way I intended it.

Thanks Vivian for showing up to the test.

The only other thing that would be nice is to be able to show video and talk about it in the webinar. I guess for free you can't have every thing. Ha...

So any of you want to be a guest on first official episode of the Webinar?

Also, what day and time would you guys like for the webinar? I can see if that works. I am thinking late at night or maybe on weekend. I will consider what you guys want. I am on eastern standard time.

Last edited:
Rockerrockstar,

Sorry I missed your gig/idea... sounds like a great idea.

However. Just heard about your proposal, seconds ago. You should give a BIG advance warning like several weeks in advance? While I have been a member on these threads since 2003 (mostly silent), I do not live on Indietalk.

Since I cut back on script writing, I am almost always out, away from home and computer, making my 6 years of script writing into something you can see and hear (and maybe feel). OR. Editing.

So. GIVE MORE of an ADVANCE NOTICE. I like learning. It is a pretty cool thing for all of us, students of film to do daily!

Rockerrockstar,

Sorry I missed your gig/idea... sounds like a great idea.

However. Just heard about your proposal, seconds ago. You should give a BIG advance warning like several weeks in advance? While I have been a member on these threads since 2003 (mostly silent), I do not live on Indietalk.

Since I cut back on script writing, I am almost always out, away from home and computer, making my 6 years of script writing into something you can see and hear (and maybe feel). OR. Editing.

So. GIVE MORE of an ADVANCE NOTICE. I like learning. It is a pretty cool thing for all of us, students of film to do daily!

Yeah I am in the planning stage at this point. I was just testing out the idea last night and learning how it all worked. I never used the site before and did not know how to run it all. I tested it and learned how to do a lot of it. I think I am ready to try it with a guests speaker. I will wait awhile after announcing like you said to build an audience. Maybe announce a week or two in advance via the forum. Thanks.

Thanks for your input.

yeah.. 2:00 is a bit hard to guess.. your posted at 10:45PM, so you mean 2:00AM? :) No real problem, but just sayin..

Oh, you did mean 2:00 AM.. thats crazy.. Friday night, maybe.. but not on a school night! LOL

Last edited:
yeah.. 2:00 is a bit hard to guess.. your posted at 10:45PM, so you mean 2:00AM? :) No real problem, but just sayin..

Oh, you did mean 2:00 AM.. thats crazy.. Friday night, maybe.. but not on a school night! LOL

I posted at 1:45am eastern I guess your time it was 10:45pm. Anyways, I will set it up at a different time next time Maybe 8, 9 or 10PM eastern or something like that. I will let you guys know about it at least a week in advance. It was only a test run last time so that is not a big deal. You guys want it on a week end or during the week you think? What time is the best time for your guys and what time zone are you in?

Back