Indietalk Perfect Sandwich

dagwood.jpg

OK, here's what you'll need...

:P

Dima, I was seriously considering coming home and doing the same thing. Only mine wouldn't have been as good since I don't have a Russian Vanna White :P

Ernest, in the interest of not asking you to cook a whole Thanksgiving dinner in order to make a sandwich, I've decided to submit a traditional meatloaf sandwich. It could certainly be healthier or even made more gourmet, but this is the way I had it growing up.

Also, as a meatloaf sandwich is a 'leftover' sandwich, you're gonna need to start the night before with a meatloaf dinner. So I'll give you the way my family did it. For me, it's the most American meal out there.

Perfect_Sandwich.png

@Josh: Thanks! And dont worry, ill follow ur directions precisely.

@Nick: Thanks! Liberal but sensible amnt of mayo? No such thing! :lol:

@Psychosis: Thanks! Director or cinematographer?

@Kinglis: Thanks! Good to have international flavour in here! And ive had something similar to it in Spain :) Your desired profession?

@Camvader: Thanks! I hopefully wont need the burn cream! Your profession?

@Ussiners: Thanks! Profession?

@Dlevan: Thanks! Cant believe you made a vid for it! That's awesome! Profession?

@PTP: Thanks, Daniel ;)

@Flicker: :lol: How abt a pic with ur sandwich ala the monk pizza? heheh
Any real recipes forthcoming?

@Dready: Thanks! You created a brilliant pic btw! I'll have to make yours on a weekend by itself when my significant other and i share a dinner! Profession? Director?

Keep them coming guys! And dont forget to mention your profession or desired profession! :)

Im off to watch Contagion tonight, catch u all later!

The best sandwich is called a Chivito. Easy to find in Uruguay :lol:

Grab some bread, no matter what kind. Be creative.
Thinly slice some fillet mignon, and fry. (Not deep frying, just regular, on a pan, like you would cook a hamburger)
Add a fried (or harboiled) egg, ham, mozzarella, bacon, sliced olives, mayo, sliced bell pepper, lettuce and tomato...

Pic Related

chivito.jpg

This thread gave me an idea for a documentary style shoot.

The chivito has a rich story, and is a pop culture element, being the Uruaguayan version of the hamburger.

The best sandwich is called a Chivito. Easy to find in Uruguay :lol:

Grab some bread, no matter what kind. Be creative.
Thinly slice some fillet mignon, and fry. (Not deep frying, just regular, on a pan, like you would cook a hamburger)
Add a fried (or harboiled) egg, ham, mozzarella, bacon, sliced olives, mayo, sliced bell pepper, lettuce and tomato...

Pic Related

chivito.jpg

This thread gave me an idea for a documentary style shoot.

The chivito has a rich story, and is a pop culture element, being the Uruaguayan version of the hamburger.

Now I'm really hungry!

Right this thread has made me crave a sammich like nobody's business...

I think I might have to see if I can scrape my one together tonight from the ingredients I can find in the larder. If/when I do I'll post a picture so you can check it out in all its glory! :)

Dready, did you just do that or do you have a meatloaf sandwich how-to infographic prepared for such an occasion?

BTW, been there, done that, awesome sandwich.

Dready, your picture is awesome, but meatloaf mix?!?! That just seems...odd to me somehow. I'd also recommend peanut butter in your meatloaf. You can find recipes online...surprisingly yummy!

Like I said, there's probably 'better' ways to do it. And I cook from scratch 90% of the time. But the meatloaf I had growing up was from that mix (well, actually from the generic version of it), so for me, that's how meatloaf should taste :)

Right, I made my sandwich.

I'd like to stress several things.

1.) This is made with Tiger Loaf, rather than sliced break. Tiger is the best bread in the world but isn't really right for this sammich.
2.) I'm back at home packing my stuff up so my Mum's larder is extremely random and there were no black olives. I toyed with the idea of capers (the salt, you know) but I had steak tartare for lunch so I've been a little over capered.
3.) The rocket is slightly dead. I had to pick out the good leaves but it's seen better days.

picture.php

Back