announcement IndieTalk on Facebook!

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
I guess we should join the social media trend... looks like it's here to stay. :lol:

Yeah, yeah... took awhile. I wanted to make it wasn't a fad. :P

Please LIKE OUR PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/pages/indietalkcom/552744778126279

I WILL LIKE BACK all film related sites. So make sure to Like from your pages.
Also, Like from your personal page, and I will friend you.

PLEASE SHARE THE PAGE!

Thanks!

What a strange comment. What political party would that be? Human?

Appreciate all the Likes guys! Like from your filmmaking page, get a Like back!

Really?! You think "Never forget" is too political, coming from someone who WAS THERE?!

That's just a tad overly-PC, in my opinion.

The question on the table is: is it political, yes or no? If it is, it doesn't belong on a supposed neutral website, especially one that doesn't allow political talk in most threads.

-----

Since YOU opened the door, 9/11 brings Bush's failures to the front of the newspapers again, highlighting bin Laden's success of terrorizing Americans. I prefer to remember those who died on a Memorial Day, shedding much of the connection to bin Laden.

Crackerfunk, your argument "from someone who is there" is an emotional appeal, not a rational argument. No one person's personal feelings is more important than another's. To make it a point of an argument like you did opens the door to this counter attack: there were people in NYC who laughed when the building came down -- they being extremists.

So, excuse me while I don't lock step with "Never Forget". I rather we just go about quietly wiping them off the planet with drones -- something we've been doing.

As much as I hate bringing up politics, especially on the internet.... where things I've said can be seen by millions of people, I don't think it's bad or really even political to mention an event where people were killed, and others tried to save lives. But I don't know though this statement:
9/11. Never forget.
could be political depending on the way you look at it. It could be saying that we shouldn't forgive the extremists, we shouldn't forget what Bush had done, etc. etc. etc. I think what IT is saying is that we should not forget the innocent people who died, and others who risked their lives to save other people. I could be wrong though. I'm curious to hear what IndieTalk meant.

I don't know about you guys... but I spent a lot of time on Facebook... so I saw statements like that one all day long on 9/11...

When I see it I don't think of Bush... or Extremists... or anything else.. I simply think of the loss of innocent life and of the men and women who helped in keeping those numbers as low as we could... (of course that might be biased as I lost my aunt during that).

I see every major corporation posting about it. Both Democratic and Republican. Coca-Cola, Oreo, Pepsi, Fox, ABC, NBC, etc, etc, etc, etc. It's not political, it's remembering loss.

If we aren't reminded of history, we are bound to repeat it.

I don't know about you guys... but I spent a lot of time on Facebook... so I saw statements like that one all day long on 9/11...

When I see it I don't think of Bush... or Extremists... or anything else.. I simply think of the loss of innocent life and of the men and women who helped in keeping those numbers as low as we could... (of course that might be biased as I lost my aunt during that).

I see every major corporation posting about it. Both Democratic and Republican. Coca-Cola, Oreo, Pepsi, Fox, ABC, NBC, etc, etc, etc, etc. It's not political, it's remembering loss.

+1

Back