Indie film in Atlanta?

Hi all,

I'm an actor, writer, and storyboard artist who recently moved to Atlanta. I'd like to get involved in the local indie filmmakers' community here.

If anyone familiar with the Atlanta scene could lend a hand with any information to help me start networking with other local filmmakers, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance,

-Jeff

Ahhh...sweet Atlanta.

I moved away from there before I became interested in film so I can't really help you out with the indie film community. I can't imagine there isn't one though since the city has a roboust art community.

I did spend eight years there so I have some other suggestions. There are plenty of small theaters located around the city but the one I liked the most was Dad's Garage. Very small and cozy. When I was in college I took an improve class with my roommate there. Another good friend of mine took the same class several years later. Its a great way to meet people who are active in the theater. If nothing else you must check out there "Theater Sports" it is a "whose line is it..."esque improv show that used to be 10pm on wednesdays. Who knows if they are still at or not, but if they are its a real hoot.

All my other suggestions relate to my second passion.....FOOD!!!!!
Places you must try- for breakfast "Jave Jive" is hands down the best ever, period. Its located about a mile east of Monroe Dr on Ponce De Leon Ave. "Doc Chey's" is a great little noodle shop in the Virginia Highlands. There used to be a great place to get gillato right next door to "Doc Cheys" but I can't remeber that shops name.

OOh speaking of that area of VA Highlands, directly across from "doc Cheys" is a small strip mall. On the back side of that strip is a small movie rental place called "movies worth seeing" definatly worth the trip for any ciniphile.

Have fun in Atlanta its a great little town.

Mikey D.

PS oh yeah
:welcome:

Hi Jeff......Not from Atlanta..........................but closer than most....I just joined...wanted to say "howdy"

It may not be much help... but get the number to the GEORGIA FILM COMMISSION... Through this number it will tell you of projects coming into the area.

You can also use this site.
http://www.georgia.org/film/index.asp?qui=4&qual=1

good luck

Georgia Film & Videotape Office
285 Peachtree Center Avenue, Suite 1000
Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 656-3591
Fax: (404) 651-9063

Savannah Film Commission
c/o City Manager's Office, P.O. Box 1027
Savannah, GA 31402
Phone: (912) 651-3696