Indie Detroit film maker

Well, alright. Introducing myself? I've never really done this before.

I don't ACTUALLY reside in Detroit for starters, although I have lived there in my much younger years, and currently reside almost exactly one mile from it. I'm not a proud Detroiter or anything, in fact the place kind of disgusts me, but I'm proud of the creative work that comes from here and proud of what my environment has made me. Plus, saying I'm a Detroit film maker saves me a LOT of time and needless explanation.

My film making dreams are the biggest most extravagant and "unrealistic" as they come. I'm not gonna be humble about that. I started creating an epically huge story more than 10 years ago now that I dreamed would be made into a Hollywood film. My strengths are writing, music, and sound design. I suck at PR, but since forming Zenisphere Films, I've had to force myself to talk about...well, myself. I don't think I'm a strong director yet, but I absolutely know I can be one eventually. I'm a very reluctant leader. I prefer to stay in the shadows, but in order to accomplish my dreams, I have to and want to open myself up more and take the reigns.

I haven't made a whole lot of films yet, and only last year have I decided that I am ready to finally pursue a serious career in film. And not until this year did I create my first passion project (in terms of film anyway) and it's still in the works. I'll be posting my work in the screening room sometime before this day ends.

So, yeah...

Welcome! Detroit is a strange filmmaking community. I find it very cutthroat and needlessly competitive. I try to help out where I can, but most of the time my out-reached hand gets stabbed.

That said, there are many regional festivals you should consider submitting to, including the Detroit Independent Film Festival.

Good luck, and let us know where we can help.

Welcome to the board. Good luck with your films. I think it is promising that more films are being filmed in Detroit.

I may move back to Detroit Metro some day. I lived out there for 5 years. I have done automotive engineering in the past.

You should make a docu about being a film maker just outside Detroit, called 1 Mile. :)

Hello and Welcome

Too bad I live at 9 mile. ;)

Welcome! Detroit is a strange filmmaking community. I find it very cutthroat and needlessly competitive. I try to help out where I can, but most of the time my out-reached hand gets stabbed.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm not trying to patronize, honestly. Please explain.

That said, there are many regional festivals you should consider submitting to, including the Detroit Independent Film Festival.

Thank you. Not until my latest project is finished will I be able to start considering festivals. I'm a one-step-at-a-time kind of guy.

Welcome to the board. Good luck with your films. I think it is promising that more films are being filmed in Detroit.

I may move back to Detroit Metro some day. I lived out there for 5 years. I have done automotive engineering in the past.

Thank you. It is promising, indeed, especially considering that our lovely Governor decided to put the kibosh on the film incentive.

I would not recommend moving out here...ever. I've lived and traveled all over the Midwest and Detroit people are by far the biggest jerks I've ever met and just so happen to also have the worst drivers. If you have any self respect, do not move here. We have one of the biggest unemployment rates in the entire country. Opportunity is incredibly slim. If you're not working 60 hours a week doing hard labor on a factory line, people resent that, especially if you think you can make it doing something you love. That's just silly. :rolleyes:

Back