Im sorry.. How does something like this happen??

OK.. I dont know if anyone posted a comment about this yet, but how does someone like Ryan Seacrest (Host of American Idol) recieve a Star on Hollywoods Star of Fame sidewalk?

Many well known actors who have been in the filming business for decades are just now recieving them.

I doubt it will last. Im thinking someone will take a jackhammer to it at some point.

A little over 10 years ago that "Walk of Fame" became a marketing tool. Studios promoting a TV show of movie use it - publicists and managers will drum up the signatures and fee to promote their client.

I stopped being a sign of merit and is now a joke that anyone with a little "fame" and a good publicist can exploit.

I'm more upset that the hand/foot prints at Gramun's Chinese has become just a publicity stunt. Adam Sandler is getting his hand/footprints there. Like him or not, he hardly has the career and body of work to merit that along side of Cary Grant, John Wayne, Paul Newman and Marilyn Monroe.

Could Sandler having a movie opening next week have something to do with him getting this honor?

directorik said:
A little over 10 years ago that "Walk of Fame" became a marketing tool. Studios promoting a TV show of movie use it - publicists and managers will drum up the signatures and fee to promote their client.

I stopped being a sign of merit and is now a joke that anyone with a little "fame" and a good publicist can exploit.

I'm more upset that the hand/foot prints at Gramun's Chinese has become just a publicity stunt. Adam Sandler is getting his hand/footprints there. Like him or not, he hardly has the career and body of work to merit that along side of Cary Grant, John Wayne, Paul Newman and Marilyn Monroe.

Could Sandler having a movie opening next week have something to do with him getting this honor?

well, I dont know about that. Using that kind of logic would have gotten him that honor with the last film he made. Yeah, not a big adam sandler fan. He over does it with doing cameos in rob schneider and vice versa. It was funny the first few times but... come on!

Adam Sandler is funny at times though. His new movie looks good too. Im Glad Burt Renolds is in it. I loved the orriginal with him in it. Just one question. How many stars are there. How far do they stretch and do they remove older ones to replace them with newer ones?

King Goldfish said:
Just one question. How many stars are there. How far do they stretch and do they remove older ones to replace them with newer ones?
According to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce there are just over 200. They stretch the entire length of the forecourt. In recent years they do the ceremony in the center of the courtyard, leave the hand/foot prints there for several months and then move them off to the side when it's time for another ceremony.
http://www.manntheatres.com/webcam/

Back