I'm building technology to help filmmakers limit their risk

Before you do statistical analysis, you must have a theoretical foundation as to what works and what doesn't. For example, if your equations predict that a western with a comical sidekick would do better than a western with a non-comical sidekick, you must have an explanation of why that is so. Without that foundation as to what should work and what shouldn't, you are just going through the motions.

As I said, I knew, through a mutual contact, of a student startup in Canada that was using statistics, but, when I asked for that theoretical foundation, I received no answer. And no answer is an answer.

Most respectfully, do you have a basis for saying what works and what doesn't?

I'm thinking about making a film based on an historic even from 1912. Something we all learned about in high school The story has already been told in books and in 10 other movies. To augment the story, since the historic part of it already so well known, I'm going to introduce a dramatic love triangle; a rich passenger falling for a poor passenger. She will prefer him over her rich fiance. It's 1996 and the film will cost around 200 million dollars to make. Action films and Sci-Fi are the top hits at the box office this year.

If I fed that information into your AI crystal ball, would it suggest this is something people want to see, and more importantly, would it suggest the producers would make any money from it?

Of course I'm talking about Titanic by James Cameron. For a long while the highest grossing film in history.

Last edited:
Back