I'm back.

Loud Orange Cat

Pro Member
indiePRO
It's been a while since I've been active on IndieTalk, but I'm finally back.

Yeah, I know, it's been about 7 years now since I'd shot my last film, but when you're diagnosed with cancer, go through years of chemo, multiple operations and treatments that keep you too weak to leave a chair, you tend to get a bit sad about the whole thing.

Anyhoo, in the last few years of not being able to get up and popping enough prescription pain meds to kill an elephant, I wrote a few books, published four of them, and got the bad news that the cancer was still around. Now that it's invaded my liver in multiple places and recently moved into my lungs, I pretty much said "eff it" to the cancer and decided to come back to my first love: film.

I purchased a new prosumer camcorder that does 1080/24p with a slow shutter. Damn, it takes some NICE footage.

In the past few years, I've written a few scripts and books that have not yet been published. I think it's about time to get off my duff and get out there and shoot some stuff. One more big film before the grim reaper chases me around the house. After all, I want to get my money's worth for paying $200 for FCPX.

And one more thing to the old timers that remember my old video series... The cat has "moved on" so there will be no more new sequels. We all miss ya, Garfield. you lazy, gaseous furball.

Loud Orange Cat Productions is back.
http://www.LoudOrangeCat.com

Good to see you again, man. :cool:

Have that script ready to go? Sounds like you need to jump right in & get goin'. :)

Zensteve, it's good to hear from you again!! :D

I'm going to try to get back into it. For the last few years, I've been attempting to write this speculative fiction/scifi novel and it's not gotten anywhere. I'm about 300+ pages in (only a third of the story written) and it seems like it was meant to be shot with a camera, not written on paper. So, I'm going to give it a shot. it'll be much easier to finish it in script form anyway.

Now... to find actors ^^

Good to see you again, man. :cool:

Have that script ready to go? Sounds like you need to jump right in & get goin'. :)

Back