If you could shoot in any place in the world?

If you could shoot a story in any place in the world, as far as aesthetics go, where would you shoot and for what type of story?

Mine would be, for an epic film, Agra Fort, India.

agra_fort_india-normal-650x487.jpg

agra-red-fort-01.jpg

Last edited:
I'd choose some of the ancient ruins and exotic buildings in Myanmar but unfortunately they don't allow movie shootings there, and it would be dangerous. Sigh.

I've always been drawn to snow-drenched mountains.

Also, Washington, DC, during the Autumn, is a sea of red, yellow and orange, and simply gorgeous.

A huge studio complex with enough of a budget to build elaborate sets. While I'd love to shoot in all the places listed so far, having a controlled space to shoot without natural outside annoyances would be an amazing experience for a change.

I'd shoot a documentary in the streets around the world asking locals to mimic their interpretations of how others speak in foreign countries.

Ask a dozen generic Americans to mimic Chinese from Japanese, UK English (pick a dialect, right?), Russian, French, East Indian, Arabic.

Then go to the streets of China and ask a few generic Chinese to mimic the speech of Americans, Japanese, UK English, Russian, etc.

Goto Japan.
Goto East India.
Goto...

I want the world to see just how informed or ignorant everyone is about each other. Let them comfortably laugh at themselves and others.

And then I want to give them some fundamental natural science and geography tests.

People both fascinate and horrify me.

I want the world to see just how informed or ignorant everyone is about each other. Let them comfortably laugh at themselves and others.

Good idea!
We live on this planet and we don't really know each other.
The Universe is so vast. Who knows how far you need to travel to meet another life, but we don't even know our own people.

I'm ready to shoot Bulgarians impersonating Americans and Greeks :lol:

If they shot a Bond film there, it has to be good.

If I had to pick a country that is diverse visually, I would pick Italy.

Washington D.C. First time I went there, I was like "Holy sh*t, this is what the capital city of an Empire State looks like." It is beautiful. It is grand. It is big. It is so full of colors, at night or during the day.

NYC is a close second. I just love that place.

Alaska or Siberia would be cool as hell too.

Where would I shoot?

Somewhere, untouched by mankind! Be the only one there and just shoot there in peace! Capture the beautiful location and keep it as a secret, where it exactly is, to let it stay untouched!

What I love the most, especially about shooting timelapse, in natural areas, is the silence and i somehow feel really connected to nature!

Back